ChampionsVA56

SF2 Mescalero Proving Grounds part 1

SF2 Mescalero Proving Grounds part 1

Welcome to the Desert Southwest of the United States of America. To be more precise.....you are in central New Mexico, home of the Mescalero Apache tribe. The year is 2011 and a new SF2 bombing range file is here.

This is my attempt at creating the ULTIMATE place for SF2 fanatics to PRACTICE and MASTER their air combat skills. So put on your feathers and war-paint....grab your best horse..... and give it a try.......CHAMP

Features:

- Upgraded home airfield with additional facilities, additional runway and full lighting for night ops!

-OVER 15 detailed target areas on the range for air to ground bombing,rocketry and gunnery practice. Numerous target types.

- OVER 30 TYPES OF DRONES will challenge your air to air skills (or lack of them). Yes....you CAN fly the drones also!!

- A detailed READ ME folder with INSTALLATION instructions, range overview, intel photos and of course CREDITS!

Tested on all four SF2 titles......both stand alone and merged.

This is part 1 (of 2 uploads to complete the range mod)

First set of 8 drones and one drone controller included.

Bonus set of F-4N Phantom "hunter-killers"

Batteries not included.

• Like 1

.....ummm.....THIS is CRAZY. :ok:

...Might just delete my Range.

Good Ish. :good:

SidDogg

Thank you Champ. Luvin me some drones!

-Storm

Still in the installation process, I must say that I'm impressed by the amount of work you put in ChampionsVA56.

The amount of details is incredible and the documentation will be helpful to fully use the range's potential.

Maybe that a neat PDF ala mythical Deuces' BombingRange would ease the printing of all that, but I'm clearly nitpicking here.

Thank you for your training range ChampionsVA56, it sets a new standard for 2011!

I would have loved to do a PDF installation file like the previous range....but.....uh...I don't know how!!!:deadhorse: Guess I must have slept through that lecture in college!!! SO......if anyone out there would like to help...?????

Hi,

Super!!! :clapping:

Thank you... :salute:

Coupi. :bye:

Nice! Just a question. Is it possible to make the random scneario creator generate increasingly difficult or challengin drone targets after the first few are obliterated and then increase after that automaticall. i keep thinking of Lucasarts X-wing and tie fighter series where there was a proving ground and each opponent would get more complex as you go on and in numbers. Wonder if it could be replciatd here.

No, it can't.

Having built/editated around 1500 missions from X-Wing and TieFighter for XvT, the aftermarket missions builder (and assumidly in the one LucasArts used), you can tailor follow-on waves AI levels by increasing the skill levels.

the 3W engine dosn't do wave-spawning.

wrench

kevin steiin

This was one of the reasons for so many different types of drones of different abilities( maneuvering, countermeasures,thrust/weight ratio, aggressiveness,etc.). Each time you go up.....you dont know whats coming!! A quick decision has to be made (sometimes REAL quick) about how you are going to

deal with the threat. (weapons,tactics, etc). When we are done...I hope to have about 35-40 types for you to deal with. Thanks for your input..............that type of increasing AI would be cool....but I trust that Wrench is dead on........it's beyond this game (and this guys) ability. More drones next week:grin:.

The current ASR radar at the main airbase was not turning round and round....so I sent a repair crew. Look for a "fixed" Range Types ini. file in the next drone package. If you just want to do the edits yourself........here they are: (Just cut and paste):heat:

[TargetType052]

Name=ASR

FullName=ASR Radar

ModelName=asr.lod

TargetType=RADAR

ActiveYear=1960

TargetValue=0

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=1.0

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=80

StartIdentifiedChance=20

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=10

MaxVisibleDist=6000.0

DamagedModel=

DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion

DestroyedModel=asr_destroyed

SecondaryEffect=VehicleFireEffect

SecondaryChance=1000

AnimationID=1

AnimationTime=2.0

Edited by ChampionsVA56

Thank you for a great addon! :drinks:

Here is a pack of three PDF named "BRIEFING", "Drone Facility Photos" and "Target Area Photos".

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w5ck0384skabb4s/MescaleroPDF.7z

The first is a collage of the original "Mescalero Proving Grounds.txt" and the various "Meet the new drones.txt". The two others simply being the pdf version of the various jpg pictures found in the eponymous folders.

For those who have not yet downloaded, here is a "six pack" version, simply an all inclusive package with everything in it, but the txt and the jpg files converted to pdf format.

(File size 351.66 Mb)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/caerg9ohoo8jhxh/MescaleroPackage.7z

Thumbs up Champ'! good.gif