That looks stunning, you sure know how to create great teasers too, JonathanRL! I´m very happy for The Operation Isbjörn, but getting the opportunity to fly MiGs against MiGs in Scandinavian Campaign will be so much fun! :drinks:

oh, sorry im not on facebook. One question tho´ i havent got the RB04 to work, is it configured as a maverick? or is it some other trick to make it work

Its a CGR according to the game. Choose your target, launch the missile. There are no deeper mechanics to it, sadly.

(Medium settings for me)

yeah, we figured it out that is had to be in medium settings to work. i´ve played a number of missions in the campaign and it is top notch. im a bit disappointed in the game as a whole, i guess falcon does that to you :)

saw that you regged on the MA forum, welcome!

I am not that big a simmer on the PC, really. I tried Falcon once a few years back and did not even get off the ground. I suspect I ought to give it another try sometime. :P

With its combination of modding, simlight (I do turn off HUD and radar is HARD) and community, SF2 is perfect for me.

Edited by JonathanRL

Danish Air Force in OP Mannerheims Shield: Yay or Nay.

State your answer and reason below.

Yes and no to RDAF. Yes if the scenario is only a Scandinavian issue. I'm quite sure if only Sweden was attacked. And not all of NATO. The Danes would come to aid their Swedish brothers. No if its an all out attack on western Europe. Since all Danish forces would then be committed elsewhere in NATO.

If you read the OP Isbjörn Story, you will notice that the Soviets are doing all they can do be able to attack Scandinavia without provoking NATO. Its the reason why the Swedish Air Force (aside from its size) are so dominant. Norway cannot commit more squadrons without dragging NATO into the war. There is no war between NATO and Warsaw Pact in any of the Campaigns, so yes, the Danes will be included with similar restrictions. In OP Isbjörn, they was not present, but NATO tried to talk them into joining. However, the crisis in Hungary the same year made the Danes wary of their own borders.

They alongside with the Norwegians will be based out of Finland, start a little later then the rest and be the hammer while Sweden is the Anvil.

Edited by JonathanRL

Knowing the Danish politicians thinking of that era ( whuzzes) . They would probably deploy defensive forces only. At least at the start. To avoid spreading the conflict.

Knowing the Danish politicians thinking of that era ( whuzzes) . They would probably deploy defensive forces only. At least at the start. To avoid spreading the conflict.

Remind me to add the famous "Answering Machine" Squadron ;-)

Edited by JonathanRL

DarthRevan: I _really_ want to do one, but A-team has the model, and I dont want to work on anything only a few people will be able to enjoy. I will prob contact them and ask but I cannot promise anything.

The F-5 in the video is btw a Freedom Fighter, not a Tiger :)

Edited by JonathanRL

In the war of 1956, Denmark had remained neutral, despite the protests of the King, Fredrick IX of Denmark who voiced open support for the Scandinavian Countries. It was also the King that demanded that Denmark would be one of the more active countries in helping Sweden and Finland rebuild after the six month long war.

As war loomed in 1966, the King demanded that Denmark would give guarantees if the Soviets decided to attack. Jens Otto Krag, Prime Minister did not support this claim, but remained firm that it was best to remain neutral as he decreed that if Denmark waged war to defend Sweden and Finland, it would be an attack against the Soviet Union. While the issue was hotly debated in Denmark, Soviet decided to attack.

In secret, the King visited two squadron commanders who was willing to fight for Scandinavia, and using an old clause officially requested a transfer of command to the Navy, where the King held the rank of Rear Admiral. The squadrons was then subsequently deployed to Helsinki Airbase by Royal Decree. During their approach, nobody had tough to inform Finland and Sweden of the arrival of reinforcements, so a flight of Folland Gnats was sent to intercept the "intruding air forces" who quickly welcomed the new arrivals the traditional Finnish Way - By throwing them out of a Sauna into the snow.

The day after, the two squadrons took to the skies to engage a passing flight of Tu-16 Badger bombers, scoring a total of fifteen kills. As the result was broadcasted on radio, a euphoria of national celebration ensued in the square outside Christiansborg Castle. When Jens Otto Krag asked an aide what the celebration was all about, the Aide responded "They cheer for what our boys did over Finland", leaving the Prime Minister lost for words, realising what the King had done.

Edited by JonathanRL

I really like your thinking in this story :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::drinks:

Btw, Anybody who have dibs on a Viggen and / or SK60 model we could use would be great. A-Team gave me and paul a negative. It was to be expected, but still a tad disappointing.

I still really want to do the 90:ies campaign...

EDIT:

We could use somebody with 3D knowledge. We have a line on a model but it will require some conversion. Anybody wanting more information, kindly drop me a line :)

Edited by JonathanRL

In the war of 1956, Denmark had remained neutral, despite the protests of the King, Fredrick IX of Denmark who voiced open support for the Scandinavian Countries. It was also the King that demanded that Denmark would be one of the more active countries in helping Sweden and Finland rebuild after the six month long war.

As war loomed in 1966, the King demanded that Denmark would give guarantees if the Soviets decided to attack. Jens Otto Krag, Prime Minister did not support this claim, but remained firm that it was best to remain neutral as he decreed that if Denmark waged war to defend Sweden and Finland, it would be an attack against the Soviet Union. While the issue was hotly debated in Denmark, Soviet decided to attack.

In secret, the King visited two squadron commanders who was willing to fight for Scandinavia, and using an old clause officially requested a transfer of command to the Navy, where the King held the rank of Rear Admiral. The squadrons was then subsequently deployed to Helsinki Airbase by Royal Decree. During their approach, nobody had tough to inform Finland and Sweden of the arrival of reinforcements, so a flight of Folland Gnats was sent to intercept the "intruding air forces" who quickly welcomed the new arrivals the traditional Finnish Way - By throwing them out of a Sauna into the snow.

The day after, the two squadrons took to the skies to engage a passing flight of Tu-16 Badger bombers, scoring a total of fifteen kills. As the result was broadcasted on radio, a euphoria of national celebration ensued in the square outside Christiansborg Castle. When Jens Otto Krag asked an aide what the celebration was all about, the Aide responded "They cheer for what our boys did over Finland", leaving the Prime Minister lost for words, realising what the King had done.

I look forward to the "Next chapter" of war in Scandinavia.

If you only knew what awesomeness we are working on...

*teases*

If you only knew what awesomeness we are working on...

*teases*

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

I present you, Pauls newest wonder: The J-35 Bertil :salute:

Armed with two RB-28 and... well. What is the other stuff? First one to tell me gets a cookie !

Nice! That draken model looks very nice. What are you using for cockpit? I thought the B variant was the guns only (and IR aams?) fighter, whereas the C was the first truly all weather interceptor with SARH missiles?

That is correct. I tested the RB 28 (IRMs btw) at the same time as I tested the model :)

Nice! That draken model looks very nice. What are you using for cockpit? I thought the B variant was the guns only (and IR aams?) fighter, whereas the C was the first truly all weather interceptor with SARH missiles?

Wrong the C was the trainer version of Draken I think you mean the D version. A,B,D,F,J is Fighter versions and C is trainer and E is Photorecon.

I present you, Pauls newest wonder: The J-35 Bertil :salute:

Armed with two RB-28 and... well. What is the other stuff? First one to tell me gets a cookie !

A rocketpod. New model?