Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

Bizzare Afterburner effects at night

Dear All,

I'm expriencing bizzare problems with regard to the afterburner effects, of certain SF2 aircraft; namely the MF F-14 pack, the Eagle superpack,

the afterburners quite literally light up the night and gives a glaring white contrast all over the plane and the ground...

I have not tampered with any of the .ini's & these aircraft were downloaded from the SF2 aircraft section. i'm posting the screenshots below this message.;

Please could someone help me out?

Thanks in advance...

post-27662-0-78846000-1319643486.jpg

post-27662-0-69443700-1319643496.jpg

post-27662-0-48056100-1319643513.jpg

I have noticed that too since one of the more recent patches. Not sure what changed...

I was about to ask about it, i have the problem in my MiG-23 series, the issue is that it makes almost impossible to look out from the cockpit:(

This happen with AB effets done for SF1. SF2 light system does not care about the intensity of light but only range.

Try to replace the ligth range parameter with this line.

LightRange=5.0

This happen with AB effets done for SF1. SF2 light system does not care about the intensity of light but only range.

LightRange=5.0

Ok..But please tell me which .ini has this line? Looked in all of them but couldn't find it...I did look in the _Data.ini of all the respective aircraft but couldn't find it....

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Ok..But please tell me which .ini has this line? Looked in all of them but couldn't find it...I did look in the _Data.ini of all the respective aircraft but couldn't find it....

The afterburner effect for the specific aircraft. Check which one it uses in the aircraft's data.ini, and then look for it in your effects folder. Be aware that the afterburner effects for the default TW planeset are part of the particlesystem.ini.

LightRange=5.0

The afterburner effect for the specific aircraft. Check which one it uses in the aircraft's data.ini, and then look for it in your effects folder. Be aware that the afterburner effects for the default TW planeset are part of the particlesystem.ini.

Thanks a lot, gentlemen! after following your suggestion the effects are are better now....