Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Roland D.IIa

The Roland D.IIa has been uploaded. It's very similar to the D.II, but I put in a new engine, stretched the nose a little, and moved the landing gear. I included two new skins, a set of serial numbers, and decal sets for both the LFG and Pfalz versions. I used the stock insignia for both, but in real life the LFG insignia were a little fatter.

My thanks to ojcar for making the FM for the Roland D.IIa.

post-67404-0-55695000-1443996021.jpg

post-67404-0-45416200-1443996028.jpg

post-67404-0-36192900-1443996037.jpg

post-67404-0-76906500-1443996045.jpg

post-67404-0-13589900-1443996054.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918

Steve, nice colors.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Very good! Thanks a lot Stephen!!!  :good:

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 1

Gentelmen, may I say a word?

You brought this model to the possible perfection, thank you very much. But there is a fly in the ointment.

1. If this is the Roland D.IIa, why on the sides written "D.II"? It's not likely German pedantry.

2. The technical inscription on the side looks like this:

Leergewicht 600 kg

Zul. Nutzlast bei vollem Tank 167 kg

However, on the most Rolands this inscription didn't exist, so we won't be particularly upset.

3. The steps were ONLY on the left side of the plane (you've seen the photos!)

Forgive me, Steve. It's my fault - during the beta-testing of the D.II I overlooked these little things. But I was in a hurry to answer you...

Well guys, it is what it is.

There is room for future improvement, but for now, please just accept it as it is.

• Like 2

Well guys, it is what it is.

There is room for future improvement, but for now, please just accept it as it is.

Exactly, Steve. You do what you think best about it. Especially as almost all of the above mentioned 'problems' are easily avoided by using Photoshop. If desired, anyone can correct the skins itself.

post-89859-0-32328600-1444206179_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

... almost all of the above mentioned 'problems' are easily avoided by using Photoshop. If desired, anyone can correct the skins itself.

Good idea Crowford. There are other modders around. If anybody wants to step in to make these improvements, I would be pleased.

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 1

Good idea Crowford. There are other modders around. If anybody wants to step in to make these improvements, I would be pleased.

I already have make these improvements for myself. Yes, I am not able to create the models, but I'm a little know how to use Photoshop! ))

Please don't be offended. Believe me - I did not mean anything insulting you. But if you have misunderstood my words, I offer my deepest apologies to you.

• Like 1

I am not offended, it is not insulting to be corrected when I am wrong. It might not make me happy, but I don't blame you for that.

If you have made the corrections, would you like to upload them so we can all share them?

• Like 2

Stephen, you are joking! What can I upload? There are only three small files (one .bmp and two .tga). It's quite simply - using the 'clone stamp' to paint the steeps on the fuse skin. It takes less than a minute. In addition, the skin YOU have, not me.

I'm talking about this. Those 'pilots' who want the historical accuracy of what is happening on the screen, themselves can make a small improvements (without affecting the 3D-model). And for those 'aces' who do not care - so do not care. In the heat of the battle who's going to read a tiny inscription on the board of an enemy airplane? ))

Edited by Crowford

I understand, I thought you were talking about the serial numbers for the D.IIa

I thought you were talking about the serial numbers for the D.IIa

Oh, no. I didn't made the serial or tactical numbers. I merely corrected your files. I'm only added the letter 'a' in the type designation of the aircraft, and also changed the weight table on the left side. It was not difficult.

Edited by Crowford

In addition, I slightly have changed a colouring at the bottom parts of the Roland's tail and fuselage - approximately as in this picture. Such colouring is confirmed by the many photos. I also plan to make the 'dirty' bottom surfaces of the aircraft. Maybe later... When it will be completed, I will try to lay out the screenshots. Certainly, if it is of any interest to you. ))

Edited by Crowford
  • Like 1

Certainly. I'd like to see what you make. I don't really like doing the skins, I always include my templates in the hope that someone will make better ones.

Thank you, Stephen. I never could it make. All that I have - a skin created by you, with my small 'amendments'.

...The pictures isn't attached over again. (

Edited by Crowford

Dreimal hoch! :biggrin:

Sometimes I manage to add a pictures. To my surprise, it does not always work.

Here - I mean this paint scheme for the bottom surface of the Roland's tail.

Nothing...

Alas, my joy was premature. I'm sorry. (

I have uploaded more accurate skins and decals for the Roland D.II and the Roland D.IIa. If you have already downloaded the planes, you can get the new skins and decals in the skins section. I have also uploaded new versions of the planes which include the new skins and decals for those who haven't downloaded the planes yet.

The serial number decals use a different font, and I've improved the size and spacing. And, of course, I added the "a" to the D.IIa numbers.

post-67404-0-23837500-1445193977.jpg

post-67404-0-93087400-1445193986.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you very much, Stemhen!

And if you have a desire to make even some small changes to the 3D-model of the Roland? ;)))

Maybe I'll come back to the Roland later. Right now I want to work on other things.

Well, Stephen.

Actually, for the LFG-built fighters was typical such color scheme in which the lower surfaces from the lower wings to the stabilizer was diagonally painted Light Blue. I can't insert a color profile, but it can be clearly seen in the photos.

To tell the truth, all this time I was very confused by the cooling system tube (above the upper wing). On your model this tube is bent downward and enters somewhere into the pylon. In old photos is visible a small stand in the form of an inverted letter V, which supports the tube with a 'funnel' on its end. This bell-shaped tube can be directed upwards on downwards deployed.

Edited by Crowford

Oh dear...could you simply enjoy the plane? It must be very hard to Stephen to spent his free time building an aircraft and reading a neverending give me-give me-give me...

At least this plane is much better than the WOFF or the ROF versions...Oh, wait! 

• Like 2

Why, ojcar! It's just a discussion, nothing more. I never let anyone here not forced to fulfill my 'whims'. And I never anything demanded from Stephen. He is his own master and the master of his time, isn't it?

Edited by Crowford