Sign in to follow this  
charlielima

Navy 0-2s ?

post-11823-0-57103200-1491422910.jpg

If it was only 1 i would say it was probably an owners paint preference.

But then again, if he had 2 ?

CL

range control birds in the 80s and early 90s.  your eye and mind arent deceiving you :crazy:

• Like 2

From Wiki:

Six former USAF O-2A airframes were transferred to the U.S. Navy in 1983 for use as range controllers with Attack Squadron 122 (VA-122), the Pacific Fleet Replacement Squadron for the A-7 Corsair II at Naval Air Station Lemoore, California. These aircraft were later transferred to Strike Fighter Squadron 125 (VFA-125), the F/A-18 Hornet FRS at NAS Lemoore, in 1986 for use in the same range control role.[5] These O-2A aircraft were eventually replaced by T-34C Turbomentor aircraft transferred from the Naval Air Training Command.

Edited by Soulfreak
  • Like 1

I wonder if that explains the handfull of grey and white T-28Cs with NJ tail codes in the 1970s.

CL

It's not at all uncommon for birds to serve in small numbers in other services for some time. I mean, some would be very unusual, like an F-22 in USN livery or an Army painted SR-71 :biggrin: but when it comes to these types like the O-2 you will sometimes find evidence they were in places you wouldn't expect.

It's not at all uncommon for birds to serve in small numbers in other services for some time. I mean, some would be very unusual, like an F-22 in USN livery or an Army painted SR-71 :biggrin: but when it comes to these types like the O-2 you will sometimes find evidence they were in places you wouldn't expect.

Oh yah affirm.

P2V Neptunes come to my mind on that note.

post-11823-0-74407700-1491516686.jpg

post-11823-0-36719400-1491516700.jpg

CL

Hi everyone. I am a new member here and I would like to sat how interesting with you guys.