About This File
Infantry Squad with Smoke
First credit goes to Kesselbrut for his Infatry squad files.
Secondly Papa Goat for his "Pop Smoke" idea.
I expanded on Papa Goat's idea of using a single soldier with smoke. I basically took the stock US_Squad and Soviet_Squad by modifing the X_Squad_data.ini file to have the smoke deployed.
These squads will "throw" fire their smoke at any ground object designated "ENEMY". That way the squad still can fire its normal assortment of weapons and still mark enemy targets.
I have tested this on random generated CAS missions in SFP1 and WOV. Anytime a squad is generated during a mission, each squad will deploy their smoke at the nearest enemy target.
Mind you, it's not perfect but I think it gives a great effect.
I've only built one smoke color for the Soviets. The US squad can select from 4 colors Red, Green, Violet (Purple) and Yellow. You have to manually select the color you want them to use by removing the "//" in the data entry line.
1. Make a back up of the original squads just in case you don't like this mod.
2. Add the two squads to the GroundObject folder.
3. Drop the effects into your EFFECTS folder.
4. Add the bulletobject data to the BULLETOBJECT file.
5. Add the gundata to the GUNDATA file, open the guneditor and click on one weapon, then click SAVE.
Comments are always welcome. I subscribe to the FREEWARE Policy at Combat Ace.
KRFRGE Jan 2010