About This File
Veltro2K's Vautour IIB/N for WOI - Updated
This is an update of Veltro2K's Vautour IIB & IIN for Wings Over Israel (WOI). In this update (the originals available at CombatAce in the SF1 Downloads section), I have done my best to correct or mitigate these models' several anomalies: AI inability to taxi and takeoff correctly; AI aircraft exploding on the taxiway; AI problems handling the aircraft in flight; loadout errors; glaring white spots in the engine nacelles.
Notes: You will notice that AI aircraft still bounce around just a bit while taxiing, but they do now take off in timely fashion. The updates applied here mirror those offered in my updated SF2I version, also uploaded to CombatAce.
Thanks to Wrench for looking over an early version of this update and supplying some additional fixes and adjustments, as well as the F-86D cockpit for the IIN model.
Updates & Fixes
These aircraft versions incorporate a number of fixes and updates:
- applied Veltro2K's fixpacks for B & N model
- added damage TGAs from Christian59's "damage pack"
- added new LOADOUT.BMP
- spiffed up LOADING & HANGAR screens
- darkened IDFCamo textures
- removed spinner nodes to fix unsightly white
spots within engine nacelles (no material assigned
to spinner nodes)
- corrected, renamed, or removed a number of node
names within DATA.INIs
- made engine ThrustPositions symmetrical to correct
AI handling problems
- tweaked landing gear data to improve AI ground handling
- added tail bumper to improve taxiing & takeoff stability
- updated flight model for SF2
- tweaked loadouts & weapon stations
- added F-86F cockpit from Dave Zurawski & the F-86F
Development Team to the Vautour IIB
- added F-86D cockpit from the Sabre Dog Team to the
- added Israeli AF '50s/'60s pilot model by Wrench &
Installation is simple:
1. Drop the Objects folder into your WOI installation directory.
2. Add the following data to your WeaponsData.INI and save
the changes with the 3rdWire Weapons Editor:
FullName=300 gal Drop Tank
Original Aircraft: Veltro2K
Flight Model: ThirdWire
F-86F Cockpit: Dave Zurawski & F-86F Dev Team
F-86D Cockpit: Sabre Dog Team
Damage Textures: Christian59
IAF 50s/60s Pilot: Wrench & PappyCheckSix
Misc. Fixes: Wrench
23 May 2009