About This File
This model represents the first Littoral Combat Ship, USS Freedom, in commission with the US Navy since 2008. These vessels are designed to be fast, stealthy, and highly modular.
This package includes decal sets for all current and future ships of the class, plus all necessary sounds, guns, and weapons such as the exclusive RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile. The ship can support two helicopters. See the readme file for full details.
A SRBOC countermeasures system has been installed to help defend against anti-ship missiles. This system is still in the beta stages, but if well-received, will be added to my other models as appropriate.
The weapon systems, collision mesh, and decals have been updated for compatibility with SF2: North Atlantic and the March 2012 patch. If you have not installed/do not plan to install either, this model will not work properly.
When setting up a task force, using the USNgrey texture will allow hull decals based on the ship number. This is bugged in single missions (as the ship number apparently defaults to 90 and can't be changed), so select a specific texture set with the hull number you want.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or constructive criticisms regarding this model, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you!
What's New in Version 2.3
- 2014/03/16 Optimized and improved textures; rebuilt main gun and RAM launcher; added lights to helo deck
- 2012/05/07 Added mesh detail and ambient occlusion; updated weapon data; installed experimental active countermeasures system
- 2012/04/04 Fixed decal level issue
- 2012/03/29 SF2:NA update; also reshaped hull, tweaked helo deck, added minor details
- 2011/06/25 initial release
- 2011/06/28 improved skins, fixed missile glitch