Sign in to follow this  
Ripper998

How to do multiplay at gamespy.

Weseal has posted over at simhq the steps to get gamespy to see strike fighters, it works, tried it myself.

I know TCP/IP should be included in any multiplayer game...but it's been driving me crazy with all the complaints about lack of multiplayer.

First things first...you have to download Gamespy. http://www.gamespyarcade.com/download/

Download it for free unless you worry about ads. Free works fine, but has ads.

Next, fire up Gamespy, create a person, then:

2. open general chat

3. type "/gscmd app_dlstaging 1" (without " marks)

4. close GameSpy Arcade completely!

5. restart GameSpy Arcade.

6. close it again completely.

7. and restart it again. If you have Strike Fighters installed, it

should show up.

This last step proved tricky on some of our machines. Sometimes, you'll have to go to the Gamespy menu and click the "Scan for games" function and then restart.

You'll know your Gamespy Arcade is in Staging mode when you'll see a red "Staging" written vertically on each side of the "My game" frame. (lower left collumn)

This might take a couple times closing and restarting Gamespy...but should open a lobby.

You guys have a more recent version than my last beta...so give it a try.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Ripper, I'm gonna sticky this one... Hope to be in there myself in an hour, waiting for the stores to open soI can get my copy today. 8)

Hey guys, could you please refrain from doing this? This is the area used for testing games not yet released, and you may be interfering testing process. Please be patient and wait a couple of days until it is officially active on GameSpy Arcade.

I have to check and confirm this tomorrow, but I believe the Strike Fighters is scheduled to be available on GameSpy Arcade upon the game's release date (Oct. 29). The GameSpy program should automatically detect the game after that without going through all these hoops.

Thanks,

TK

--

Sorry TK, didn't know they were going behind the scenes here. I'll unsticky the post.

Not sure why all the hubub with the MP, it's pretty obvious to setup on my install it seems. :lol:

Unsure (because of your smiley face) if you were joking there, but when people initiate multiplayer causes a crash :?

Truly sorry about that TK, I wasn't aware that it was just the beta area until I read your post. I had been waiting for a confirmation at the beta boards and kept reading at public boards that people were unhappy about not being able to fly multiplayer. I know how important MP is to me so I thought I was helping. :oops:

Hi all,

I tried that staging thing...... but now that I see that it's a no-no, how do I revert back to the "Non-Staging" access to Gamespy ????

would I substitute a "0" instead of a '1' at the end of that string command ???