Sign in to follow this  
Dave

WTF? USS Princess Diana

Guest Charles

The by-line is dated 1 April 2006. Is this a clue?

Anyway, it would have to be the USS Diana Spencer or somesuch, because she wasn't a princess when she died. She was a princess by marriage, and not by blood. When she was divorced she ceased to be a princess, except in the popular imagination, and in that of the tabloids.

Edited by Charles

Absolutley correct Charles. Amazing, and this is our DOD? Its hard to fathom that not ONE member of the JCOS caught that???? .... It was bad enuf when they changed all the flattops to politicians instead of famous battles. They obviously didnt check with Protocol b4 doing this. Whats next? USS Coronation Street???

One day there will be a USS Ted Kennedy....it will not be able to go near bridges though

It will be able to go under them but it won't be able to cross them. :ph34r: CL

This is a pretty hefty insult to our founding fathers who fought, if my memory serves me correctly, two wars to break free of British royalty. What were these guys thinking? When I was serving in England, I made it a point upon meeting Prince Charles to call him Charles and not add on the kow-towing that our state department minions think so important. Small thing, at best trivial, but it honors the memory of those who fought and gave their lives so we don't have to do that stuff. We still don't call Ronnie Reagan "Sir Ronald", nor do we call Caspar Weinberger "Sir Caspar". It is not American style. I won't deny the fact that Dianna used her position to help the needy of the world, but if that is the criteria, then I can pick out several dozen Americans that deserve the honor more than she.

The by-line is dated 1 April 2006. Is this a clue?

One day there will be a USS Ted Kennedy....it will not be able to go near bridges though

It'll be the only Ship in the Fleet with a Wet Bar

:alcoholic: .