Sign in to follow this  
StormKnight

USSR and Russia weapons and planes

Yeah, I think it mainly has to do with maintenance skills. And perhaps piloting skill. But I have to say I'm rather impressed by the stuff the Soviets come up with sometimes.

But then I'm an underdog person, so that may be it. :crazy:

I totally understand how difficult it is to release a new build model from scratch, even augmenting an existing model can turn into a bastard when trying to complete it around work, schooling, love lives etc. But this is just discussion to see what has actually been created so we can search in the right direction (like finding out where to grab the Fiddler, sweet mod btw)

There are many like me who, if not for time and skills etc, would actually make these models ourselves and release them but in the meantime, we do our best, despite being freeloaders ( :p) by helping however we can. Besides, it can't hurt to find out what people are looking for when it comes to addons. F-4s, F-14s, F-16, F-15s are good, don't get me wrong, but Russian aircraft don't quite have the exposure that the western types have had in flight sims. That being said, those russian models that have been released have been excellent! I was effing stoked to find a Romanian Mig 21 LanceR, had to call in a sicky just to test that mofo out! :D

SayWhat, did I miss something. Has someone released a Fiddler? How can I get my grubby paws on the mod?

SayWhat, did I miss something. Has someone released a Fiddler? How can I get my grubby paws on the mod?

Sorry to get your hopes up but I think I was refering to the Brewer snaps earlier in this thread...

Poor visability, poor manuverability, and poor avionics. The fiddler doesn;t sound too hot. I know what you mean though. I just like adding new planes to the collection.

Scrapper

I sort of agree with Sky Captain, but I would rather use it with a great accurate cockpit. There are not enough good russian cockpits out there.

Scrapper

I agree with that one. I wish I knew a bit more on making them, I wouldn't mind some real pits for the MiG-15/17, as well as Tu-16/22. But I imagine that the pit is the most difficult part of the model to build.

I agree with that one. I wish I knew a bit more on making them, I wouldn't mind some real pits for the MiG-15/17, as well as Tu-16/22. But I imagine that the pit is the most difficult part of the model to build.

Put an A-4 cockpit inside the Tu-16 external model's crew compartment. You can use the chopped A-4 pit that was made for the frameless canopied B-57A, but that has no radar or RWR -- you could use the radar box though, and there may be a way to hack an RWR but some A-4 pits don't have clocks I don't think...mmm. Or, find a good pit to stuff inside the Tu-16. The reason I suggest this is the ThireWire Tu-16 external model is absolutely wonderful -- check it out -- explore the inside using free camera view (you can slow the camera speed down in the ZoomScale variable (not panscale) in Viewlist file if you need to).

Even more immersive is the inside of the An-12 external model crew compartment. Aussom! The most interesting is the B-58 which has some fantastic 3D modelling in the crew compartment. Nice model.

Tu-22 won't work. There is something wrong with it when viewed from the inside. It vanishes when looking forward. You'll see.

-- Mistakes -- zoomscale not panscale

Edited by Lexx_Luthor