Sign in to follow this  
StormKnight

USSR and Russia weapons and planes

Hi all.

I see many mods for SFP1 and WOV, with many NATO planes and weapons, but much less USSR/russian weapon and planes.

Probably somebody want create addons with subj.? I live in former USSR republic, interesting russian weapons, planes etc, and can provide you with information, photo, behaviour etc of subj, if you want to create mods for SFP1/WoV...

Edited by StormKnight

:clapping: Agreed! :clapping: No Flankers (although I know there's on in Dev.), no Fencers, no Frogfoot, not even a bear! Russian Aviation is pretty sweet and it's a shame they're under represented...

Can't wait to see stuff like Gerald14's Berkut and Fencer finished! I thought it would be popular after having something like LOMAC out... I was surprised to see how popular 50's-60's US aviation is! I always thought that period post WW2 but pre Phantom was pretty mundane but that's just me I guess... :tomato:

Hi all.

I see many mods for SFP1 and WOV, with many NATO planes and weapons, but much less USSR/russian weapon and planes.

Probably somebody want create addons with subj.? I live in former USSR republic, interesting russian weapons, planes etc, and can provide you with information, photo, behaviour etc of subj, if you want to create mods for SFP1/WoV...

I'll take what ever info you can send me on all the aircraft. I would love to see a SU-25 modeled not to mention the rest.

As SayWhat mentioned the Flanker is being done and at one point in time the Bear was being worked on.

Capun has been quiet lately i'll bet his has something up his sleeve.

All the above aircraft are being worked. However we have tons of Soviet weapons made and they are in the latest weapon packs. There is a great variety of Russian aircraft made so they are getting plenty of attention.

Stormknight you need to do a search because there is a ton of Soviet stuff out.

The Su-24M model, by Tomcat74 and Wpnssgt, is waiting for some minor detail work. Ditto for the Su-27 by MarcFighters.

There are two Su-25 variants in the works, one by Wpnssgt, and one by MarcFighters.

But, there are Su-9, Su-11, Su-15, and Su-17 models available (the latter with it's own pit, by Armour Dave) , and they have been out for sometime. There are 5 different MiG-23 variants out there. There is a MiG-29A by Wpnssgt available , and a newer, highly detailed MiG-29A by the Mirage Factory is in the pipeline. There are Tu-2 and Tu-16 models out, and they'll soon be a Tu-22M. Of course, don't forget Pasko's excellent MiG-15, or the Mirage Factory's MiG-21F13.

Dave, did I leave anything out? Oh yeah :smile: , you need to perform a search here, at SimHQ, and at Thirdwire for Model announcements. Some download sites are (here at) CombatAce, Column5's, and ArmourDave's

Edit: I knew I forgot something, Tomcat74's MiG-25PD.....

An E-8 would be a nice bird, the never build MiG-21 successor. 2 Prototypes. A really nice beast., the forrunner of the F-16.

there is also a Mig-25 out there... and Wpnssgt was working on another model 25 IIRC.

A couple of TU-16's, TU-22 is flyable from SFP1. 2 TU-95's (Julhem and Pasko I think)

Is the Su-33 still in dev? I'm at work so I'll prolly be able to check later. Also, what about a 35 or a 37? I don't think I've ever heard of them being used outside of AceCombat...

I agree,

But, maybe, someone want create models Yak-38? Or Yak-141 - first in the world supersonic aircraft with vertical takeoff/landing capability? I think it's will be interesting...

Also - MiG-27, Tu-160, MiG-42, some helicopters... I'm not modemaker but i can help with information ;)

I'm the same. Have a ton of info for the Flanker family should anyone need it (assuming my HD will last a few days longer for the transfer to be completed)

I like the idea of the Yak 141 and the Mig 1.42 but I'd die a happy gent to see a Su-37... :)

how about JAS-39 Gripen,F/A-18E Hornet,

or Mirage that has a dual seat ?

I agree,

But, maybe, someone want create models Yak-38? Or Yak-141 - first in the world supersonic aircraft with vertical takeoff/landing capability? I think it's will be interesting...

Also - MiG-27, Tu-160, MiG-42, some helicopters... I'm not modemaker but i can help with information ;)

Downloads... look for the Hind!!!!!!! Isn't the Mig-27 in WoE???

Come on modders, what're ya waitin' for?

Guys -- if wishes were horses....

It takes a looong time to model a *single* aircraft accurately. I wouldn't make a long list of suggestions without being prepared to do the lion's share of the modding work as well. Gathering information is the easy part; getting a team together to build your dream plane is another matter entirely.

Edited by Tristan

Is the Su-33 still in dev? I'm at work so I'll prolly be able to check later. Also, what about a 35 or a 37? I don't think I've ever heard of them being used outside of AceCombat...

Anybody remember the Tu-28 Fiddler? Big, fast, long-range bomber interceptor. Two/three seat (tandem), two-engine, bad Tupolev. Love to see that puppy around too!

Also...

Yak-28P, and bomber version. Boopidoo's Su-15 cockpit works great for Yak-28P.

Yak-25 interceptor, RV high altitude recon, and prototype Yak-25 bomber.

Yak-25's here, on the 3rd page ~> http://www.column5.us/aircraft.shtml

Yak-28P here, dig deep to find it ~> http://www.majorleesaerodrome.net/

I think the Yak-28 bomber was on the CombatAce. Not sure.

7da4ecfc.jpg

Come on modders, what're ya waitin' for?

Guys -- if wishes were horses....

It takes a looong time to model a *single* aircraft accurately. I wouldn't make a long list of suggestions without being prepared to do the lion's share of the modding work as well. Gathering information is the easy part; getting a team together to build your dream plane is another matter entirely.

I totally understand how difficult it is to release a new build model from scratch, even augmenting an existing model can turn into a bastard when trying to complete it around work, schooling, love lives etc. But this is just discussion to see what has actually been created so we can search in the right direction (like finding out where to grab the Fiddler, sweet mod btw)

There are many like me who, if not for time and skills etc, would actually make these models ourselves and release them but in the meantime, we do our best, despite being freeloaders ( :p) by helping however we can. Besides, it can't hurt to find out what people are looking for when it comes to addons. F-4s, F-14s, F-16, F-15s are good, don't get me wrong, but Russian aircraft don't quite have the exposure that the western types have had in flight sims. That being said, those russian models that have been released have been excellent! I was effing stoked to find a Romanian Mig 21 LanceR, had to call in a sicky just to test that mofo out! :D

I totally understand how difficult it is to release a new build model from scratch, even augmenting an existing model can turn into a bastard when trying to complete it around work, schooling, love lives etc. But this is just discussion to see what has actually been created so we can search in the right direction (like finding out where to grab the Fiddler, sweet mod btw)

There are many like me who, if not for time and skills etc, would actually make these models ourselves and release them but in the meantime, we do our best, despite being freeloaders ( :p) by helping however we can. Besides, it can't hurt to find out what people are looking for when it comes to addons. F-4s, F-14s, F-16, F-15s are good, don't get me wrong, but Russian aircraft don't quite have the exposure that the western types have had in flight sims. That being said, those russian models that have been released have been excellent! I was effing stoked to find a Romanian Mig 21 LanceR, had to call in a sicky just to test that mofo out! :D

That's fine, SayWhat, but I hope people can believe me when I say that flame wars have started over these seemingly innocuous-sounding topics. I wouldn't have said anything in the first place had I not feared the ritual charbroiling of the unsuspecting.

Edited by Tristan

Nah, you're right. It had to be said. It's good to see what people are looking for and so on, but eventually these's always some internet nut who gets pissy because "their" idea isn't being implemented...

Besides, flaming doesn't get anyone anywhere except for the "I sound like a twat" zone... :tomato:

Well I hate Lawn Darts (Migs), and Sidewinder-bait (Sues), and can never bring myself to fly them. All they are is potential smoking holes in the ground as far as I'm concerned. But that is my 2 cents worth.

Your assesment regarding Target (Soviet) aircraft getting little attention is way off the mark, at best. I have never seen as many Sparrow-attracting (Soviet) aircraft represented as we do in Strike Fighters. The list of planes we have to fly is huge. Unless you have been looking in the wrong places you cant miss them (and neither do my missiles or cannon rounds, for that matter).

So I am not sure what all this thread is even about. There is more than plenty of exposure for AMRAAM fodder (Soviet) aircraft.

BTW, how do you like this manly text color? I thinks it suits me to a 'tee....hee'.

Well I hate Lawn Darts (Migs) for the most part and never fly them. All they are is potential smoking holes in the ground as far as I'm concerned. But that is my 2 cents worth.

:clapping: I'm sorry I love NATO and other western planes because of there dependability. Like Dave said, they are potential smoking holes in the ground. Thats my 2 cents too.

Mark

There's a lot of Russian planes out, but they're mostly bombers and early MiGs. Some modern Russian fighter's would be cool, like the Su-37, or the Foxhound. I'd love to see that main Soviet fighter from JetFighter IV.

But then that might just be because I've finished reading the Sum of All Fears. :P

Edited by Sky Captain

Well I hate Lawn Darts (Migs), and Sidewinder-bait (Sues), and can never bring myself to fly them. All they are is potential smoking holes in the ground as far as I'm concerned. But that is my 2 cents worth.

Your assesment regarding Target (Soviet) aircraft getting little attention is way off the mark, at best. I have never seen as many Sparrow-attracting (Soviet) aircraft represented as we do in Strike Fighters. The list of planes we have to fly is huge. Unless you have been looking in the wrong places you cant miss them (and neither do my missiles or cannon rounds, for that matter).

So I am not sure what all this thread is even about. There is more than plenty of exposure for AMRAAM fodder (Soviet) aircraft.

Ok what wise ass admin edited my post??? :rofl::nono::haha:

Ok what wise ass admin edited my post??? :rofl::nono::haha:

I cannot tell a lie....wasn't me.... :rofl: