CAN ANYONE HELP ME W/ GETTING F-111'S IN WOV(HAVE LATEST PATCH 05-25-06)I HAVE F-14A,F/A-18,A-10A,RF-4C,F-4G WW-V,BIRD DOG,AC-130A,.....ALL WORKING GOOD,BUT CANNOT GET F-111'S TO WORK IN SINGLE MISSION OR CAMPAIGN.I HAVE DL'D F-111 PACKAGE AND CHANGED DATES IN DATA.INI AND AVAILIBILTY TO NO AVAILE.PRETTY SURE I HAVE EXTRACTED THE FILES TO THE CORRECT FOLDER(JUST AS I HAVE W/ F-14,F/A-18,...ETC....)BTW I ALSO HAVE CURRENT WEPS PACK(AWESOME!!!)ALSO CANNOT GET AH-1G OR AH-1W COBRAS TO WORK EITHER!!!.......HELP PLEASE!!!! :help:

CAN ANYONE HELP ME W/ GETTING F-111'S IN WOV(HAVE LATEST PATCH 05-25-06)I HAVE F-14A,F/A-18,A-10A,RF-4C,F-4G WW-V,BIRD DOG,AC-130A,.....ALL WORKING GOOD,BUT CANNOT GET F-111'S TO WORK IN SINGLE MISSION OR CAMPAIGN.I HAVE DL'D F-111 PACKAGE AND CHANGED DATES IN DATA.INI AND AVAILIBILTY TO NO AVAILE.PRETTY SURE I HAVE EXTRACTED THE FILES TO THE CORRECT FOLDER(JUST AS I HAVE W/ F-14,F/A-18,...ETC....)BTW I ALSO HAVE CURRENT WEPS PACK(AWESOME!!!)ALSO CANNOT GET AH-1G OR AH-1W COBRAS TO WORK EITHER!!!.......HELP PLEASE!!!! :help:

First off stop YELLING.

Check you files see if they are labeled F-111 and not F_111 same with the cobra's

Get me an FB-111 and i'll make it work !!!! I can't find one .... :huh:

There's one in the varks pack that was/is here at CA when the downloads come back online.

If I remember! The Cockpit for all the F-111 was a separate Down Load!

Guest Saganuay82
If I remember! The Cockpit for all the F-111 was a separate Down Load!

Websearch F-111 cockpit SFP1.

The read me file in the vark pack tells you exactly what web site to go to for the pit.

First off stop YELLING.

Check you files see if they are labeled F-111 and not F_111 same with the cobra's

1st...i'm not yelling...just had capslock on....2nd..i have dl'd the pit and they are labeled F-111!!and yes,same w/ cobras....now what?i did the same w/ F-15E strike eagle and i am using it regularly in campaign!same w/ F/A-18 and F-14A!!!i even have UH-1H!!!so...what now? :blink:

1st...i'm not yelling...just had capslock on....2nd..i have dl'd the pit and they are labeled F-111!!and yes,same w/ cobras....now what?i did the same w/ F-15E strike eagle and i am using it regularly in campaign!same w/ F/A-18 and F-14A!!!i even have UH-1H!!!so...what now? :blink:

Do you have a sub folder in there somewhere? Also check to see if one or some of your files say 0 bytes?

Do you have a sub folder in there somewhere? Also check to see if one or some of your files say 0 bytes?

hey,thanks Agamemnon!!You were right about the cobras,they were listed as AH_1W and AH_1G...just changed file name like you said,and,..presto!!they're there!wish i could say the same about F-111's.the file that i dl'd is listed as F-111Package(a self-extracting file/s/)and extracted them to objects/aircraft folder.within folder are F-111A,C,D,E,F,G,FB-111A,and even a K model.all have approx.27.2mb.i'm at a loss....anyway,thanks for the heads up on the cobras!gonna make a lot of sleepless nights for the VC/NVA in campaign!!!DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!!!

hey,thanks Agamemnon!!You were right about the cobras,they were listed as AH_1W and AH_1G...just changed file name like you said,and,..presto!!they're there!wish i could say the same about F-111's.the file that i dl'd is listed as F-111Package(a self-extracting file/s/)and extracted them to objects/aircraft folder.within folder are F-111A,C,D,E,F,G,FB-111A,and even a K model.all have approx.27.2mb.i'm at a loss....anyway,thanks for the heads up on the cobras!gonna make a lot of sleepless nights for the VC/NVA in campaign!!!DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!!!

did you take the individual F-111s out of the sub folder and put them into the aircraft folder?I usualy unzip them into a holding folder then move each one into the aircraft folder manualy.

did you take the individual F-111s out of the sub folder and put them into the aircraft folder?I usualy unzip them into a holding folder then move each one into the aircraft folder manualy.

That's it exactly i'll bet he has one folder that says F-111 instead of the 5 or 6 different folders that he should have.

The F-111 is a great addon :clapping: .... but it kills my precious fps!! :closedeyes: I wish it was redone with performance considerations

Guest Saganuay82
The F-111 is a great addon :clapping: .... but it kills my precious fps!! :closedeyes: I wish it was redone with performance considerations

Resize the F-111 BMPs with Paint. Do that or do the ini change. Won't be long before somebody posts that.

If we did that all the time there would be some crappy looking planes out.

Hi Fellas,

Sorry to pileon w/a newb question, but one poster suggested altering the F-111 bmp file in order to reduce the fps hit. Once the bmp is opened for each file in paint, do I then save it as a 16 bit (from 24 bit in my instance) to get the desired effect?

Thanks,

super61

Hi Fellas,

Sorry to pileon w/a newb question, but one poster suggested altering the F-111 bmp file in order to reduce the fps hit. Once the bmp is opened for each file in paint, do I then save it as a 16 bit (from 24 bit in my instance) to get the desired effect?

Thanks,

super61

No, you resize it not change the bit of it. go from 1024x1024 to 512x512

Thanks for the tip, it didn't cross my mind and it might help :) .... and if not, well I guess I will learn to live with it

that was it!!! you guys RULE!!!that's why i love being a member of this site!!!thanks to everyone for your help!my sim is much more enjoyable now!!sorry for being a greenhorn about all of this,but,thats why i joined in the first place...you all know more than i,so i'll need more help in the future....thanks again!!!

For those that are new at this (like me), here are all the F-111 parts:

1. F-111's are at the link below. The readme tells the steps needed.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...mp;showfile=917

2. F-111 Cockpit:

http://www.schmidtwerner.de/products/e_f-111_pit.html

3. Sound files required for F-111 - from F-14A. (If you've already got the F-14A in the same install of the game where you'll be putting the F-111's, no need for this.)

http://www.column5.us/aircraft.shtml

Papa_K

Edited by Papa_K

Thanks... just downloaded those now too.

I've had this game series for only a couple weeks now... One thing I've noticed is that a backup of SFP1/WoV/WoE plus all the accumulated download files now almost fills 2 DVD's... it's a fast-growing space hog.

Papa_K

Edited by Papa_K