Stupid questions but how do you fire these missiles ??? I select the missile , i have radar on search mode , i select a target but it don't fire ... :huh:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sparrows are... Darn, forgot the term, but you can't be doing a whole lot of G's (as if you would while firing), not much more than 4 G's or so, I believe. Also, there's a 2-3 second delay before the missile lets loose, so wait for the 'thud' noise (or if you have a FFB, wait for the stick to do it's bumpy thing) before doing what else you need to do (which is, usually, trying to keep that teeny little dot centered on your scope).

Stupid questions but how do you fire these missiles ??? I select the missile , i have radar on search mode , i select a target but it don't fire ... :huh:
you have to have a lock which you can't do in search mode

From search mode hit the PgUp key to go to boresite mode. Hit insert to lock. Pray for the best. Of the missile kills that I have, 80% are Sidewinder kills and 20% are Sparrow kills, and the AI pilots on those Sparrow kills were Egyptian and NTB, because they just sat there, and their wingies never warned them that a Sparrow was coming up their butt, ie: they weren't manuvering at all. Every Sparrow shot I've taken on a manuvering target has been a miss so far.

When you're in boresight mode the radar automatically locks on, you only have to do it manually in Search Mode.

Thanks to all , now I will try again to have my first kill with a Sparrow !!!

Just another tid bit of info for you some of the aircraft (All F-4's) have an indicator in them that let you know when you are in range to fire the sparrow.

I find that if you Alt-n to your intended target that you run the risk of being to close for sparrows.

Just my two cents :smile2:

Normally before a mission in the mission planner I just move the Ingress Point waypoint (IP, Square marker) a little further away from the target waypoint, as ALT + N seems to jump to that point. This gives one enough time to get situational awareness before arriving at the target, prioritising threats, and preparing for a bomb run/medium range missile attack.

I have had good success with the Sparrow, but normally only get a good firing solution once a target extends firing from rear quarters, or attacking bombers from behind after the merge. Merge with the bombers and attack the rear with heaters, and then attack the front of the pack with Sparrows. Works for me so far. Without IFF it is difficult to fire a BVR (Beyond Visual Range) shot without knowing whether you're firing at a friend or enemy, especially when there is a furball ahead.

simply hit CTRL+R after you locked a target, this tells you what typ of aircraft it is

simply hit CTRL+R after you locked a target, this tells you what typ of aircraft it is

WHAT!?! Now where is the fun in that?

Another bit of information on the aim-7, in order to keep the steering dot centered on the scope, just keep your gunsight on the target. If you stay off the target too long, or are too far off, you lose the lock and the sparrow goes off on its own.