Sign in to follow this  
snapper 21

How Big Is The Map In WOE

Was just wondering how big the map is, can you see any of Britain or Norway etc?

Cheers

Snapper 21

Was just wondering how big the map is, can you see any of Britain or Norway etc?

Cheers

Snapper 21

Thw WoE map is centered on Germany. You can fly as far west as the coast of the Netherlands, and as far North as Denmark, but that's about it.

The WoE map is centered on Germany. You can fly as far west as the coast of the Netherlands, and as far North as Denmark, but that's about it.

That's odd. Would that be smaller than the standard size SF maps? I don't have WoE yet, as I must have ground mapping radar, although I might get it for the British Hunter and I may have use for what seems like fantastic WoE terrain tiles, and to support TK.

I can't make decent terrain tiles. :bad:

The map is HUGE........................

To be a tad more precise, the map is 1000 km x 1000 km (540 nm x 540 nm).

It looks like this:

germanyce4lf.jpg

1000 "SF" kilometers. Thanks streakeagle. I am interested in TK's whopping FIVE mountain tiles in your screenshot...

Tan

Light Brown

Medium Brown

Dark Brown almost Red

...and White

I am sure I could use those WoE terrain tiles. The few screenshots I've seen so far look good.

Tiny 1500km Baikal map. Way too small for a Houndog missile. :cool: Terrain Editor, 90E, 65N -- the farthest south you can import 90N DEMs with 1500km map size.

e755e210.jpg

I cant get the Germany map to show so I can design missions. I tried extracting it with 7zip but dont know how to use it well. Please help.

Thanks

I cant get the Germany map to show so I can design missions. I tried extracting it with 7zip but dont know how to use it well. Please help.

Thanks

SFP1 game engine files are stored in *.CAT files. The community standard is to use a utility called SFP1E (SFP1 Extractor) to get files out of the CAT files. SFP1E is available for download from here and Check6!:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...mp;showfile=343