Sign in to follow this  

Right, how long it takes to do it well isn't the problem. Just give us updates to let us know you've not abandoned us in the dark, lonely night...

Right, how long it takes to do it well isn't the problem. Just give us updates to let us know you've not abandoned us in the dark, lonely night...

Fear not, the cold black night is where I intend to meet you all with this one.

:biggrin::biggrin:

P.S Sitrep. Am attempting to model the landing gear. Having a bit of a mare so if anyone out there knows how to dit correctly, please feel free to slap me in the face and call me stupid, before giving me some advice. :biggrin:

Learning to be grateful for what you recieve is not a bad trait in life.I have no idea about developing aircraft,weapons etc,nor the time involved to produce one completely.It would be interesting if an estimate was given,might open up a few eyes! I tend to cringe a little each time I see requests from people. If it's that important to you,best to learn the skill and make what you want (probably what drives those who create these terrific FREE mods anyway).

Latest Update:

Have the basics of the landing gear in place.

Produced this as a quick show...

post-29250-1193584320_thumb.jpg

What does everyone think?

P.S Sorry if I was disrespectful in my last post. I was extremely frustrated.

Looks nice. Can't wait.

5b979c438e3fd74f16b00863988d7e98.jpg

Good work, i like it!

Should be fun make some dogfights EDI Vs F-37 and Su-27

Just a question... the VTOL fan of EDI , where is it?

xD

i really dont get it on movie

Edited by Silverbolt

Good work, i like it!

Should be fun make some dogfights EDI Vs F-37 and Su-27

Just a question... the VTOL fan of EDI , where is it?

xD

i really dont get it on movie

Here is the exhaust for the VTOL Lift system.

post-29250-1193780858_thumb.jpg

At a guess, the lack of a dorsal intake indicates it has a bifurcated nozzle system similar to the harrier.

(with the thrust split from the main drive into two exhausts on the underside of the aircraft. The aircraft's wing shape would also form a natural air cushion, allowing the aircraft to be substantially heavier than a normal aircraft using the same thrust).

Moorkey here with the latest on my EDI attempt.

Have started to beef my undercarriage up (so it is a little more than just stalks with wheels). Hit a slight snag recently when animating the retraction mechanism, as my beleagured yet battle hardened PC decided it was going to, completely at random, reset all of the rotation axes. (I had nothing to do with it, honest!) Does anyone know what caused this?

To test the feasibilty of the visual model / scaling, I temporarily 'ported EDI into MS Flight Sim 2002 (old I know, but I needed a quick and easy solution to nagging doubts.) Pictures to follow... The visual model is, I think, more than adequate. I'll let you be my judges, juries, and executioners.

Here are the pictures I promised (forgive that they are FS2002 screencaps.)

post-29250-1193941549_thumb.jpg

post-29250-1193941584_thumb.jpg

It lives! Nice. Can't wait for SF photos.

Sorry to be so slow.

not to worrry.

just take it at your own pace.

we know making mods take so much time.

just make sure it will be great.

lots a luck dude!!!

I'll let you be my judges, juries, and executioners.

just cut out the executioners thingie.

if i may, would giving you my version of pulse detonation engine sounds help?

i have worked do long into achieving the nice sound.

it is different from what i uploaded in the past,

now the popping sound more nicely random.

Definition of Crisis:

1.a stage in a sequence of events at which the trend of all future events, esp. for better or for worse, is determined; turning point. 2.a condition of instability or danger, as in social, economic, political, or international affairs, leading to a decisive change. 3.a dramatic emotional or circumstantial upheaval in a person's life.

4. The state of events following my computer crashing.

...that's right, I am only now back up and running on my own computer (had to use my better half's laptop for a week or so). Unfortunately, EDI was lost in the crash, and the backups of EDI and other unrelated files I had on an external drive are also lost. I am now working apace to get a newer, better, backed-up EDI up and running.

Sorry to have to spring this one on you all.

News will follow as it happens.

EDI Resurgam

Edited by Moorkey

Ego Evolo Relucesco!

(I Fly Once Again!)

post-29250-1194722251_thumb.jpg

...and I think this one looks a bit better. More blended and less part-heavy.

Hope I didn't scare anyone!

(P.S. Thanks for standing by me!!)

It does actually look better. Smoother.

Wow...your great at making jets.. :shok: Icant even get that far on my dreadnought or Su-35. GMAX issues

Edited by i90807065

If you still have to use FS2K2 for the testing go ahead. (Perhaps make a version for it as well!)

In away it let us know that making that fly was possible just this time...can the screen shots be more lit up?

If you still have to use FS2K2 for the testing go ahead. (Perhaps make a version for it as well!)

In away it let us know that making that fly was possible just this time...can the screen shots be more lit up?

Will try to light the shots up. If you would like a version for fs2k2/4, then a version for fs2k2/4 you shall have! Will be ready in a short while.

Will try to light the shots up. If you would like a version for fs2k2/4, then a version for fs2k2/4 you shall have! Will be ready in a short while.

Cool. You should make the FS2k2/4 version a combatace only release. Have you been working on this all weekend becuase you rebuilt it fast.

Cool. You should make the FS2k2/4 version a combatace only release. Have you been working on this all weekend becuase you rebuilt it fast.

Pretty much. Haven't had much planned, so fired up the coffee percolator and the CD player and knuckled down to it.

P.S Both MSFS and SFG releases will be Combat Ace exclusive. My present for unwavering support and patience.

:biggrin::biggrin::good:

Pretty much. Haven't had much planned, so fired up the coffee percolator and the CD player and knuckled down to it.

P.S Both MSFS and SFG releases will be Combat Ace exclusive. My present for unwavering support and patience.

:biggrin::biggrin::good:

Ha! In your face Simviation! In your face!

1. In your face indeed simviation

2. How did you get the wings to be long like that? (For a new TOP SECRET project)

Ha! In your face Simviation! In your face!

Sim who? :rofl::rofl: