Sign in to follow this  
Kadaicha Man

A really dumb question

Is there a single key/command that allows me to drop all the bombs on an aircraft at once, rather than individually? Jettison does it but it appears to drop everything, rather than just the weapons I've selected (which means AAMs also go :roll: ).

Jettison does it but it appears to drop everything, rather than just the weapons I've selected (which means AAMs also go :roll: ).

iirc jettison drops tanks & mud-moving weapons but not AAMs.

Is there a single key/command that allows me to drop all the bombs on an aircraft at once, rather than individually? Jettison does it but it appears to drop everything, rather than just the weapons I've selected (which means AAMs also go :roll: ).

Yes there is...but it requires that you tap the key "]" key multiple times to increase the ripple quantity.

Once that's set, a single button press will pickle your entire bomb load (assuming they're all the of the same type).

Ah! Ha! Thank you, very muchly indeed! That does the trick.

Now, I seem to remember when I first looked at this game that there was a little utility that one could download that would tell you how far from the target you had to be in horizontal flight, flying at a particular altitude to get your bombs within coo-eee of the target. Doing it by eye has proved thus far just how little I know about bomb dropping. I supposed I could trot out my old copy of Air War'79 and look at its "falling bomb" plotting table but that works IIRC in hexes so it wouldn't work too well in SFP1. :)

So, does anybody know where I can find that little utility or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I would like to point out that CombatACE and these excellent Forums have been going for many years now. Therefore most newbie questions/ideas have been answered and researched out of sight a billion times!

Please check the main forums where all this info and more is gathered for your convenience in the knowledge base.

IMHO it isn’t really fair for people to go blundering in on the ‘Hot Topic’ Forums when they could easily find the answer permanently displayed with links to other long articles patiently compiled by many good people for everyone’s benefit.

It’s nice to acknowledge a newcomer to these wonderful sims we all love. Hi there, please take a look around first! Come back here with something a little more interesting to say!

Like all information, unless you know the correct terms to search on, the information will remain hidden. I'd love to do what you ask but you're using terms I am unfamilar with such as "main forums" - what/where are they? And how about, "‘Hot Topic’ Forums"? I assume you mean this one, which is, I note entitled, "general discussion" - where else to discuss such issues then, than here?

Like all information, unless you know the correct terms to search on, the information will remain hidden. I'd love to do what you ask but you're using terms I am unfamilar with such as "main forums" - what/where are they? And how about, "‘Hot Topic’ Forums"? I assume you mean this one, which is, I note entitled, "general discussion" - where else to discuss such issues then, than here?

As a newbie myself, I know what it's like to be overwhelmed by the amount of info available on all aspects of flight sim. Fortunately, the folks here have set up a very user-friendly section that answers most newbie questions. It's called the "Knowledge Base" and can be found here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showforum=99

It has answered nearly all of the questions I have had since I started using WOV.

Additionally, over at SimHQ, there is a really well written essay by Andy Bush that explains various air to ground weapon delivery techniques that have proven very effective in WOV. Since reading the article I've significantly increased my accuracy when attacking ground objects. It's worth the read.

Come back here with something a little more interesting to say!

So, you found it interesting enough to respond :ok:

K'Man, thanks for an enlightening(hopefully) and civil response