Added some AAA into a missions I have created in WOE. I get the tracers snakeing up towards me. What kinda guns do I need to create Flak bursts like you get in WOV ?

The 37mm and up make flak. If I understand your question correctly

Not exactly. 37mm NS-37 Cannon is not a flakgun, but 37mm ZP-39 is indeed. An option "timefused" in gundata.ini makes flak, for sure. There is also linked an option in bulletobject.ini called "AirBurstEffectName=FlakEffect" that defines type of fx attached to a time fused bullet. So theoricaly we can have different flakbursts for different calibers defined in bulletobject.ini. However it seems not to work, sadly. Just started to dig in it :crazy: .

Not exactly. 37mm NS-37 Cannon is not a flakgun, but 37mm ZP-39 is indeed. An option "timefused" in gundata.ini makes flak, for sure. There is also linked an option in bulletobject.ini called "AirBurstEffectName=FlakEffect" that defines type of fx attached to a time fused bullet. So theoricaly we can have different flakbursts for different calibers defined in bulletobject.ini. However it seems not to work, sadly. Just started to dig in it :crazy: .

so these NS-37 and ZP-39 are they stock guns ie included with WOE. Just tried looking for them in the mission editor and can't find them !

if you use a stock, non-modded WOE install, then only the KS-19 and ZSU-57 AAA units make airbursts .... thats the stuff you are looking for.

My mistake, didn't explained that clearly. I was reffering to guntypes not ground objects themselves. All i know is based on Wings over Vietnam gundata.ini form latest weaponspack. 37mm ZP-39 Cannon is not a ground object, it is gun used by one. Does WOE have ZSU-57? I guess so. It's in WoV and it's cool flak. There are also some great Ground Objects packs (Pasko's for example) that have additional flakguns in them.

Really? I'm glad someone told me, after all this time :smile:http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=1300

Skipped this pack Fubar512, downloading it right now

Skipped this pack Fubar512, downloading it right now

Be forewarned that the ground objects need to be updated for SP4 and later....I've got too much on my plate to do this myself, right now. There is a sticky on how to accomplish this in our knowledge base.

Thanks for warning Fubar512, I had to learn that updating my Solomons install. But it's good that 83006 patch brought ground objects to the same easy-to-manage folder structure as planes. No longer mess in ..\objects\ these days

edit:

Fubar512 those tracers from flak looks very immersive! However included new "light" caliber flak (37mmFlakEffect and 57mmFlakEffect) aint showing. Still default flakeffect used on my system. Maybe i screw something up? Or is this that 37mmEffects still has "AirBurstEffectName=FlakEffect

" in bulletobject.ini? :wink:

Here is my quick play with the "AirBurstEffectName=" variable. Two different clouds, bigger and smaller:

There are two separate effects in that pack, one for 37 mm, and another for 57 mm flak, both of which must be placed in the effects folder. The proper edits must also be made in the bullet object and gundata.ini files, so both weapons have their own flak effects (both visual and audible).

Edited by Fubar512

Thanks for warning Fubar512, I had to learn that updating my Solomons install. But it's good that 83006 patch brought ground objects to the same easy-to-manage folder structure as planes. No longer mess in ..\objects\ these days

edit:

Fubar512 those tracers from flak looks very immersive! However included new "light" caliber flak (37mmFlakEffect and 57mmFlakEffect) aint showing. Still default flakeffect used on my system. Maybe i screw something up? Or is this that 37mmEffects still has "AirBurstEffectName=FlakEffect

" in bulletobject.ini? :wink:

Here is my quick play with the "AirBurstEffectName=" variable. Two different clouds, bigger and smaller: