Hello,

I have been using many of the add-on aircraft but am having problems with the weapons loadout. GBU's and other guided ordenance don't seem to be avaliable for certain aircraft(FB-111A, Kfirc-7, etc). I have chacked the loadout.ini files, and they say that they are suppose to be the default. I have Bunyap's weapon pack installed, so the weapons should be there. Anyone know how to solve this?

(Yes, I read the readme files and have used the weapon editor!)

If you are talking about choosing an aircraft in single, and trying to suit up, I dunno.

But if you choose a different aircraft from the loadout screen, you will only have the ones that could be fit on the original

airframe requested from the single mission screen.

You do have the reference for weapons types for the loadout.ini, right?

Also some of those aircraft may not be updated to take advantage of the latest patch features. The latest patch changed a lot for the better but aircraft that came out prior to that need to be updated to use these features.

The aircraft I am having trouble with are the F-111(FB-111, F-111F) and the new Kfir c-7 specifically. This problem does appear with other addon aircraft- and may be the patch. But the Kfir should not have this problem being new. It is possible that the weapons listed in the loadout.ini don't exist in the weapons pack. The kfir loadout.ini for a strike mission says GBU-12Bs and GBU-10Cs as the default loadout. (I am playing single mission...) I am aware that Bunyap's weapons pack isn't complete concerning Israel.

But the FB-111A, which has a loadout with 4 SRAMs (two on the wing hardpoints and 2 internal), though, with both aircraft the hardpoints are empty in the loadout screen and the weapons are not avaliable.

Hopefully there is an easy fix-

Not sure about the Kfir but I haven't updated the FB-111A or F-111F and that is why you are having the problems. There are tons of planes that need to be updated and only a few of us who know how to do it. That's the bad part.

What about the weight limits of the hardpoints? Maybe increasing their respective max load capacity will help...?

I've been installing the F-111 package latley, and I've seen that the SRAM (if that's what you're talking about) needs to have the dates changed (starting 1969 I think) to fit the service dates of the FB-111. Also, the F-111A is missing the EP attachment type at some weaponstations. I haven't looked at the F yet.

I agree with USAFMTL, a lot of the planes will need to be updated. Maybe once I'm done looking at the varks, I'll post the new inis at the weaponswiki. :good:

I had the same issues with these planes. I fixed them by going to the planes .ini and changing the allowed weapons classes. I added LGB and EOGB for instance.

Scrapper

Not sure about the Kfir but I haven't updated the FB-111A or F-111F and that is why you are having the problems. There are tons of planes that need to be updated and only a few of us who know how to do it. That's the bad part.

Is there a common footprint for the planes that need modification, like the presence of a certain line in an .ini? While fixing it automatically might be quite impossibly, at least auto-detecting the problem might be doable.

Also some of those aircraft may not be updated to take advantage of the latest patch features. The latest patch changed a lot for the better but aircraft that came out prior to that need to be updated to use these features.

Hello all,

I am very new at this but enjoy the game (WoV) immensely. I purchased WoV about 1-1/2 years ago and was able to add various aircraft and weapons packages. About 9 months ago I added the Weapons upgrade from Jan 06, I beleive. All was well. I even had the Phoenix AIM-54 for the Tomcat add-on. However, I lost a fair amount of weapons and capabilities after I added tha latest weapons package from July 06. I've re-installed my game and gained a fair amount of weapons back. I found an old file of the ThirdWire F-104G and added that to my aircraft file. It shows up with tanks but no Air to Air missiles. The same holds true for the aggressor A-4E.

I would like to dabble with the weapons Editor (and have cautiously looked at the file). I would like to know how to add weapons to other aircraft but I see from weapons editor PDF file that this is an advanced technique. Can you help a "Newbie" with this without me destroying my aircraft files?

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Have a "Bandit" day

Skelator

TeTeT,

AFAIK,

With weapons, the biggest problem is the Soviet attachment not working any more and some attachment types being changed. You might want to look in the knowledge base, the weaponswiki, and/or the weapons pack.pdf.

Good luck!

Skelator56,

There's not much to adding weapons to planes. The weapons editor is very user friendly. The first thing you need to know about editing the inis is BACK UP YOUR FILES!!! I usually put an x in front of the backup file, but you can make a backup folder or something. If you want to add weapons, usually you need to look in the aircraft_data.ini and the loadout.ini. Keep in mind that MANY factors affect if the weapon can be used. They are:

service dates

nation

attachment type

weapon type

rack type

weapon station parameters

The knowledge base, the weaponswiki, and the weapons pack.pdf are your friends. Use them and they will help you. If you encounter any problems, the friendly people here can help! :smile:

Good luck!

With weapons, the biggest problem is the Soviet attachment not working any more and some attachment types being changed. You might want to look in the knowledge base, the weaponswiki, and/or the weapons pack.pdf.

Good luck!

Thanks :) I wrote a small perl script that checks for TypeName at the start of a line in the weaponsdata.ini. Thereafter the Aircraft_loadout.ini is checked for WeaponType and the information if this type is not found is printed. Besides numerous drop tanks I haven't installed properly, I discovered the following:

1. RECONPOD: seems to be used by several planes
  2. TPLRCK: it's now XM1R Rocket Pod
  3. AA-?: use the R-? designation now

Are the types case sensitive? If so, then there are quite a number of Mk82/MK82 and Mk83/MK83 problems.

I guess that NationNames and attachment types can be checked in a similar way. Can anyone recommend a lib for Java or Perl that can parse ini files? Right now I use regular expressions ;)

I have got the Kfir fixed, as far as the GBU-12B. I simply added Israel to the attachmenttype in the weapondata.ini. It seems to work(as for the pavetack/laser designator- it doesn't seem to work, nor the radar). A look in the weapondata.ini(after adding the weaponspack), there is no GBU-10C, which is the default loadout for the Kfir c-7 for strike missions. There is no data in thereadme either. If there is a GBU-10C out there, let me know.

TeTeT,

AFAIK,

Good luck!

Skelator56,

There's not much to adding weapons to planes. The weapons editor is very user friendly. The first thing you need to know about editing the inis is BACK UP YOUR FILES!!! I usually put an x in front of the backup file, but you can make a backup folder or something. If you want to add weapons, usually you need to look in the aircraft_data.ini and the loadout.ini. Keep in mind that MANY factors affect if the weapon can be used. They are:

service dates

nation

attachment type

weapon type

rack type

weapon station parameters

The knowledge base, the weaponswiki, and the weapons pack.pdf are your friends. Use them and they will help you. If you encounter any problems, the friendly people here can help! :smile:

Good luck!

Jtin,

Thank you for the information about weapons loading. I have a copy of the Weapons PDF on my hard drive. Like you suggest, I always back up my original files. Can you tell me where I can find the weaponswiki? I saw it somewhere once before but I cannot find it now.

Check Six

Skelator

...or using the weapon editor, you could just copy one of the current GBU-10s and designate it the GBU-10C and it should be peachy. I had a similar problem with Iranian weapons but used this method to have iranian aircraft flying with ordinance. Fair enough, it's not 100% accurate if you're going for attention to detail, it's prolly closer to 95% :smile:

Can you tell me where I can find the weaponswiki? I saw it somewhere once before but I cannot find it now.

Weapon's Wiki

The mega pack at www.check-six.com has the GBU-10C. Was the bomb included in the download itself (I haven't downloaded it).