Sign in to follow this  
Tailspin

Quick suggestion re: Fokkers post patch...ERROR, PLEASE READ

I noticed both Fokker DVIIs doing a lot of "porpoising" in auto pilot or while using wing leveler. If you'll look in the DATA.INIs of the planes you will see a value for PitchDamper=0.3. Changing that to 0.6 solves the problem. :good:

OOOOPS....Sorry folks. I lost a decimal point. That should have been 0.3 and 0.6 as in TENTHS and not whole numbers. :slow(en):

Edited by Tailspin

Man I am glad you fixed that Fokker.....

I noticed both Fokker DVIIs doing a lot of "porpoising" in auto pilot or while using wing leveler. If you'll look in the DATA.INIs of the planes you will see a value for PitchDamper=3. Changing that to 6 solves the problem. :good:

Thank you for the heads up Tailspin. I am just learning this stuff and without this forum.... well I think I would accidently erase my hard drive, or bring the NY City traffic light grid down!

Man I am glad you fixed that Fokker.....

Yeah, that Fokker was jumping up and down like crazy. :pilot:

Thank you for the heads up Tailspin. I am just learning this stuff and without this forum.... well I think I would accidently erase my hard drive, or bring the NY City traffic light grid down!

Yer, welcome.

Yeah, Ive actually noticed a mild porposing since the game came out on most of the aircraft. Ill try this fix as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for the heads up tailspin...

Hi PC...Must be the new FMs which I think are an improvement. I noticed all the planes have the PitchDamper= numbers added. I didn't notice that before.

Apologies for a basic question but I am new to this sim ----where and how do I find the data.inis for each plane .

Many thanks for any clarification and explanation on this.

Get this http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...mp;showfile=343

Use it to extract Fokkers' _DATA.ini from ObjectData.CAT in game's Objects folder

After tweaking place the modified ini file into corresponding(there are two types of Fokker in game) folder in Objects/Aircraft folder

You mean objects/aircraft/TYPE correct?

I noticed the patch deleted all data.ini files from the individual aircraft folders.

objects/aircraft/TYPE

Yep.

And Readme for patch mentions which ini files will be deleted and suggests doing a backup. :wink:

Well, the old aircraft data.inis weren't much use anymore anyway. :no:

Is this fix for the Fokkers only ...

I was lookin' at the AlbatrosDI and the pitch damper for that model is set 0.1 not 3 and

on the Fokkers it's set at 0.3

so i was just curious before I started screwin' around here ;-)

Thanks ~

Edited by Showtime_100

AlbatrosDI? The one by bortdafarm? It was made prior to the patch and is based on old Albatros .ini.

Oooops...all the values should be 0.x as in TENTHS. Sorry for the mistake. Change the Fokkers to 0.6. I arrived at that figure by trial and error testing. For the other planes add one tenth at a time until you get the desired results. Not sure but, big changes may affect flight control so take it slow and increase only enough to smooth it out. As always YMMV. :smile: