Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Bell

Pfalz D.iii Released

Just downloaded SFP1 Dev A-Team new Pfalz III. Beautiful model - thanks guys! Gave it a spin. Good visibility, decent acceleration and fairly speedy but climbs like a slug and manuevers...well, it makes the SPAD look nimble :biggrin: Not pleasant having 2 SPADS glued to my tail for five minutes. Could only break away for a short time before they were back on me. Eventually killed me.

I think Allied flyers will be overjoyed to see this added to the German inventory. Many thanks to Capun, Gramps, Charles, Kesselbrut & The Wrench!

Can't wait for a Phalz D.XII to make an appearance. Gonna take this D.III up for a spin in

a few. Beautifully rendered aeroplane!

<S>

Just downloaded SFP1 Dev A-Team new Pfalz III. Beautiful model - thanks guys! Gave it a spin. Good visibility, decent acceleration and fairly speedy but climbs like a slug and manuevers...well, it makes the SPAD look nimble :biggrin: Not pleasant having 2 SPADS glued to my tail for five minutes. Could only break away for a short time before they were back on me. Eventually killed me.

I think Allied flyers will be overjoyed to see this added to the German inventory. Many thanks to Capun, Gramps, Charles, Kesselbrut & The Wrench!

Hi how can i get my sticky hands on this plane, Thanks for any help.

on how to reg read following thread

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...858&start=8

Have sent 2 emails to - capun150@yahoo.com message titaled 'site user request' both times returned to me with this message :A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: Thanks for your help and fast reply. I recon its being treated like spam and not getting throgh isnt technolgy wonderful.

Great job on the Pfalz,Capun and team-she's a real beaut!

Ditto on that Capun, I've always had a soft spot for the old Phalz and this one is great fun.

Beard

I posted this in the other WWI forum, but probably should have put here instead:

Beautiful model. I noticed one small "glitch" -- not a big deal, just wanted to bring it to your attention. I was flying a mission yesterday and got my top wing shot off. I went to the external view, and the left and right outer panels/wing tips were still there, flying in formation with the plane, while the center section and supports were gone! Like I said, not a big deal to me, but something you might want to look at. Again, great work, please keep it up!

Thumper

Guest capun
I posted this in the other WWI forum, but probably should have put here instead:

Beautiful model. I noticed one small "glitch" -- not a big deal, just wanted to bring it to your attention. I was flying a mission yesterday and got my top wing shot off. I went to the external view, and the left and right outer panels/wing tips were still there, flying in formation with the plane, while the center section and supports were gone! Like I said, not a big deal to me, but something you might want to look at. Again, great work, please keep it up!

Thumper

I am working on it already, if you see problems like that you have my email, send the feedback over there.

Another user already reported the problem and I have been testing one change. I has to do how the destroyed meshes are linked, I posted a question to TK to get some guidance on the proper links but no response yet.

If you noted, we added control surfaces (aileron, elevators, rudder) destroyed meshes, the stock planes do not use them, so we are going into uncharted waters and some guidance from TK we should get it done properly.

NP, Capun, didn't realize someone had already brought this to your attention. Great work, my hat's off to you. I wish I had the skill, patience, and time that folks like you have - it would be nice to make a contribution to this community. Oh, well, for now I guess I'll just enjoy the fruits of other's labors :smile:

Thumper

With the current release of those Wings of War planes and objects over at simhq.com , I downloaded those and had a look at the models. And thats when I realized where I had remembered that Fokker stick and MG from before: This is from Capuns Skunkworks Pfalz DIII post-21120-1169120715_thumb.jpg

And heres the cockpit and the STICK!! Which became the reason why I took a look at this from start of:

post-21120-1169120703_thumb.jpg

Heres Skunkworks Stick:

post-21120-1169120750_thumb.jpg

And heres the MG`s from the WoW model..

post-21120-1169120733_thumb.jpg

And even that one is the FREAKING SAME!

post-21120-1169120741_thumb.jpg

Theyre the exact same :S If it hadnt been for the memory in my head about the stick, and a certain post over at thirdwire.

Of which Capun ""kindly"" answered:

post-21120-1169121314_thumb.jpg

Now, that you guys took WoW, which btw, means WINGS OF WAR in the sim world, if I may correct :) Models, and put them into FE is alright, but what makes me very confused is that you stated its YOU who made the models: " * No Modifications without previous consent is allowed " , and didnt even give credit, To those very people that made it in the first place! "* Brought to you by the SFP1 Dev A-Team of Capun, Gramps, Charles, Kesselbrut & The Wrench"

What do you have to say in your defense?

Ban me if u wanna, I dont care, when people take models from others and claims it as their own, it makes me confused.

W/Delight.

Red Von Hammer

Edit: Removed cursing words.

Edited by Red Von Hammer

Guest capun

So it looks like someone is grandstanding.

To make the record straight. Are they the Wing of War models? Yes. Did we know about it when we ported the plane? No.

Cellinski made a comment at TK's site about the plane looking so close to the WoW models. Never heard of WoV, as a matter of fact I mentioned that I did not know that World of Warcraft had a WWI sim.

We have been trying to get hold of the original developer or the original source of the files, with Povlovski's and Gambit's help without any luck. Even if they put them as a public release we always try to contact the original developers to let them know of our plans and ask for permission, It's a common courtesy.

We plan to give proper credit to the origal developers in ours installation instructrions, and to Radek to bring the sources to our attention otherwise we would have never run into them.

Ok folks pay attention. This site is NOT for airing greivances against, complaining about, name calling, posting private correspondence of or attacking posters, developers, modders, or ANYONE. If you have a problem with someone's actions TAKE IT UP IN PRIVATE or SOMEWHERE ELSE.

RedVonHammer...I think its pretty clear your accusations are unfounded. People port models into sims all the time. Credit is clearly given in the readme of the ATeam's Pfalz DIII. Its also clear the IF that credit is incorrect or incomplete that matter is being addressed.

Topic closed.