Sign in to follow this  
Dave

You Have Got To Be Kidding Me.....

the british ain't kidding... hehe

pricey!!! :\

the british ain't kidding... hehe

pricey!!! :\

The property market has gone way out of control over 90% of the country - It just started going up and up about 7 years ago - to the point now where first time buyers are being priced right out of the market - You could blame the lack of space to build property - though I'm blaming an inept Labour government for making it so only the super rich can afford a mortgage (thanks guys).

Forget buying in London - you could buy a Castle or 2 in France for the same price as a rabbit hutch in London - and if the housing market crashes like in the 80's so many people r gonna be truly ******

and if the housing market crashes like in the 80's so many people r gonna be truly ******

The question is can I wait until then to buy a house. Well yes 'cos I sure can't afford one now!

The question is can I wait until then to buy a house. Well yes 'cos I sure can't afford one now!

Holy crap!!! I thought Japanese prices were bad!! This is nothing short of highway robbery! My house here in Georgia has 5200 sq ft and I bought it for 250,000 grand!! I guess the govt feels that as long as they have a home who cares about anybody else!! Don't get me started on our govts though.

My house here in Georgia has 5200 sq ft and I bought it for 250,000 grand

Hell at that price I'll commute!

Edited by SkippyBing

Well, it is Knightsbridge, so I'm hardly surprised, although why anyone would want to live in such a tourist trap is beyond me.

The property market has gone way out of control over 90% of the country - It just started going up and up about 7 years ago - to the point now where first time buyers are being priced right out of the market - You could blame the lack of space to build property - though I'm blaming an inept Labour government for making it so only the super rich can afford a mortgage (thanks guys).

Forget buying in London - you could buy a Castle or 2 in France for the same price as a rabbit hutch in London - and if the housing market crashes like in the 80's so many people r gonna be truly ******

Sounds like Florida's East Coast, California, and other select regions of the US. The $40,000 home with 3/4 acre I owned in Indiana sells comparibly for $120,000 to $150,000 here in the Fort Lauderdale area and with NO land.

I can think of many words to describe how I feel seeing this and none are complimentary to those alowing/driving such pricing.

I could only wish of seeing a house for that money - i'm about 30 miles out of London and currently renting a 2 bed house - which although is about 4 years old people from the US would no doubt laugh at the size of the rooms - anyway this place is worth >£170,000 (~$333,052 USD).

be thankfull you live in the US :)