Sign in to follow this  
marksbros6

weapons for the f-104 and soviet planes in WOE

Howdy

I think I've screwed up my WOE install, I've added the NATO Fighters packs and the Weapons Pack, as well as the SU17 and F/A-2 SHAR.

Unfortunatly I now can't call up weapons on the loadout screen for the Starfighter and Russian Jets. This is a bit of a pain. Anyone think they can help? I've tried re-installing but it doesn't seem to work.

You don't need to add the weapons pak...everything was included the NF download.

My advice, as is say in the readme:

IMPORTANT: It is highly recommended that you apply this package to a clean installation of Wings Over Europe. Some existing files will be overwritten during the install process! Also, maike certain that the 8/30 patch for WOE is installed BEFORE you install NATO Fighters.

Nothing else is needed!

Delete your NF install, make a copy of your original 'clean' install (you do have an unmodded, patched, clean install for backup, right???)

Create a new clean install, call if "WoE_NATOFIGHTERS", then run the NF.exe (or whatever it is) into that.

That should do it.

Hope that helps!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

You don't need to add the weapons pak...everything was included the NF download.

My advice, as is say in the readme:

Nothing else is needed!

Delete your NF install, make a copy of your original 'clean' install (you do have an unmodded, patched, clean install for backup, right???)

Create a new clean install, call if "WoE_NATOFIGHTERS", then run the NF.exe (or whatever it is) into that.

That should do it.

Hope that helps!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

But wasnt the weapons loadout in NF an old weaponloadout.ini??? That was tweaking in mine...but still i cant have any Mig-21 missiles and the Uh-1b from Pasko´s is unarmed... :dntknw:

Guys for the 10,000th time DO NOT ADD ANYTHING BUT THE NATO FIGHTERS INSTALL. Just install a clean copy of WOE, patch it up, add NATO Fighters 1 and 2 and that is it. It works, I have done at least a dozen times over. If you add a weapons pack you will mess it up. The UH-1B was not meant for NATO Fighters. Thus no weapons. Also if your Mig-21 has no weps then you did something to it other than what it said to do in the read me. Just do the above and you will be fine. Sorry for sounding crass guys but you all are killing me. Don't make something simple harder than it is. If you wish to change the install to use with a weapons pack then you will have to dive into the Knowledge Base and believe me it will be a alot of effort. It took me 2 days to do it to one of my installs of NATO Fighters and in the end it really wasn't worth it.

Guys for the 10,000th time DO NOT ADD ANYTHING BUT THE NATO FIGHTERS INSTALL. Just install a clean copy of WOE, patch it up, add NATO Fighters 1 and 2 and that is it. It works, I have done at least a dozen times over. If you add a weapons pack you will mess it up. The UH-1B was not meant for NATO Fighters. Thus no weapons. Also if your Mig-21 has no weps then you did something to it other than what it said to do in the read me. Just do the above and you will be fine. Sorry for sounding crass guys but you all are killing me. Don't make something simple harder than it is. If you wish to change the install to use with a weapons pack then you will have to dive into the Knowledge Base and believe me it will be a alot of effort. It took me 2 days to do it to one of my installs of NATO Fighters and in the end it really wasn't worth it.

Roger that! I didnt install NATO Fighters this time because i was affraid of compatibily problems but i´m adding the NF planes "by hand"...

Teh real problem is what you mentioned...NF+WP is a pain...

actually my friend, it works great. The weapons pack does add additional stuff.

but you are absolutely correct in that you do have to go back in and tweak ALL the aircraft's data.ini files to correct the loadouts.

Once you do that, it works great.

actually my friend, it works great. The weapons pack does add additional stuff.

but you are absolutely correct in that you do have to go back in and tweak ALL the aircraft's data.ini files to correct the loadouts.

Once you do that, it works great.

Yep you can do that but damn its time consuming. I can do it because I am experienced with modding this sim since 2002. But for a newbie it can be a daunting task. So for a newbie to not have woes with WOE NATO Fighters then they should not do it.

Also the UH-1b from pasko is a UNARMED tranport helo.

And can somebody pleeeeeaaaasssseeeee find me a Huey Gunship?!?!? The UH-1H only carries 2 pods and no chain guns whatsoever! besides it lacks FM and Skinning job to be "aproximated" to something considered "flyable"... :dntknw:

To the best of my knowledge, the only turn-key Huey gunship comes with one of the YAP mission packs. Well worth the price of admission, IMHO.

Yep you can do that but damn its time consuming. I can do it because I am experienced with modding this sim since 2002. But for a newbie it can be a daunting task. So for a newbie to not have woes with WOE NATO Fighters then they should not do it.

I agree with that!!!!!

:good:

To the best of my knowledge, the only turn-key Huey gunship comes with one of the YAP mission packs. Well worth the price of admission, IMHO.

Sure....but i only have SF:P1 and Woe (currently instaled) so WoV was not exported to my country....(well, im trying to buy it on ebay...original of course)

As several people have pointed out, NF was not designed to work with the weapons pack. It is a standalone enhancement that is designed for people who want to add a lot of depth to their WOE game with just a few mouse clicks. Some people will want more, in which case you will have to dig into the game files and learn how everything works before adding additional mods.