Sign in to follow this  
Wedge

SFP1/WOV/WOE Basic Vanilla install Guide

I have played WOV and WOE. I recently bought SFP1. I have separate installs of WOV and WOE. I want to start fresh with a merged(is this a correct term?) install of all three.

Here is what I have so far:

SFP1

Service Pack v05.15.06 (74.2 MB) for SFP1

Patch v08.30.06 (5.73 MB) for SFP1

WOV

Service Pack v05.15.06 (43.1 MB) for WOV

Patch v08.30.06 (5.91 MB) for WOV

WOE

Patch v08.30.06 (13.5 MB) for WOE

What order should I install these? I assume I should first install 1) SFP1 then install the SP and Patch for SFP1, 2) then install WOV, install the SP and Patch for WOV, 3) then install WOE and Patch for WOE. Also all of this should be installed under and into one main folder? Once I get this down I will burn a copy of the vanilla install for a backup.

Thanks for any help.

I have played WOV and WOE. I recently bought SFP1. I have separate installs of WOV and WOE. I want to start fresh with a merged(is this a correct term?) install of all three.

Here is what I have so far:

SFP1

Service Pack v05.15.06 (74.2 MB) for SFP1

Patch v08.30.06 (5.73 MB) for SFP1

WOV

Service Pack v05.15.06 (43.1 MB) for WOV

Patch v08.30.06 (5.91 MB) for WOV

WOE

Patch v08.30.06 (13.5 MB) for WOE

What order should I install these? I assume I should first install 1) SFP1 then install the SP and Patch for SFP1, 2) then install WOV, install the SP and Patch for WOV, 3) then install WOE and Patch for WOE. Also all of this should be installed under and into one main folder? Once I get this down I will burn a copy of the vanilla install for a backup.

Thanks for any help.

Don't think it makes a bit of difference, i have uninstalled WOV and WOE and later gone back and installed WOE first and later WOV and had no trouble with the merge!

Or get the Oct2008 B patched and you wont need all the above.

Dave's right!October 2008b patch brings the WHOLE series to the same LEVEL.Gonna miss out on the future mods if you don't.It's gonna require you patch to present.Besides it's a learning curve for ALL!And since we get ALL working together,the problems go away alot faster.Think about it,huh?

Well I want the older patches so that I could have the older soviet numbers, the thinner ones. they look nicer to me than the newer ones. And there's the problem of the Sabres not having their decals properly displayed too(missing decals). I know that the Patch v08.30.06 for all TW titles is here but I can't find the Service Pack v05.15.06. Perhaps the older updates for the TW series could be put up for d/l here for personal use by the community.

Dude, you're decal "problem" on the Sabre's has already been answered, in some detail elsewhere. Why keep bringing it up??

Again....

YOU DON'T NEED THE OTHER PATCHES WITH THE NEWEST ONE....HENCE TK STATING "ALL INCLUSIVE, AND UP TO DATE, WITH ALL PREVIOUS PATCHES INCLUDED

You don't like the new borts? Well, in case you haven't noticed, there's a whole set of 'old style' Blue Borts in the downloads section, under Templates/Decals. I should know, I made them a year & half ago.

You don't like 'something' in the new patches, don't install 'em. Plane and simple.

Wrench

kevin stein