F-14D VF-213 "Lions Head"

airw9.jpg

airw10.jpg

airw11.jpg

airw12.jpg

airw13.jpg

Looking good man, and man is it dirty.

hehe I just started :smile:

Very nice, need lots of oily paw prints on the drop tanks too!

Hehe true enough, and with the much appreciated help of USAFMTL, I've got some more goodies to play around with to improve the skin, so in a few days I should have a better looking skin :smile:

Nice one Flanker!! Looking forward to this for Pacific Fleet deployments,....maybe Tiwan, or Korea :yes: :good:

I thought VF-213 was called the "Black Lions" ?

Yes they are, but the artwork via Google can be accessible by F-14D Lions Head artwork, so I just made the title via the artwork, not so much the unit, since this was an old paint scheme.

More weathering and details. Funny thing is, I started to actually have more appreciation for my own work. The Tomcat just doesn't look right clean all the time:

airw13.jpg

airw14.jpg

airw15.jpg

airw16.jpg

airw17.jpg

airw18.jpg

Funny thing is, I started to actually have more appreciation for my own work.

My god, you are like, sooo stuck UP...... :biggrin:

You know,your right the F-14 does looks better dirty. :biggrin:

lol USAFMTL, bite me :smile:

xrearl: I agree, it's coming along good now, course I got a boatload of ref pics...

airw19.jpg

airw20.jpg

airw21.jpg

airw24.jpg

airw22.jpg

airw23.jpg

Wha's killing these shots is the tanks, any way to fix this problem?

I see that somebody has the guts to make the Super Tomcat. The engine nozzles at the back need to be, for a lack of a better word, "squarer", not round like the Pratt and Whitneys. Also, don't forget the double light pod under the nose. Otherwise, the F-14 you are making is the B version. Still, I think the Super tomcat projct is coming up to scratch. Rock on, dude! :cool:

Yeah this is Typhoid's F-14D (that's what he named it) and so yeah it needs alot of additions that I can't add. And for the most part if the one in the works (supposedly) has the same mapping, or whatever, I'll transfer it to the appropriate model.

"Fixed" the fuel tank texture. I'm going to try and make a seperate model (via hex editor and texture, if you don't mind Typhoid):

airw37.jpg

EDIT: Well some checks anyways, and it looks like you can't have two types (to be able to select between various skins) so I guess when I do release it (looking like next week for sure, it's getting more and more finished). I'll have to just include the edited stuff.

Looks great, I can wait for a "D" model Turkey, this one is doing fine now. They look alot better dirty. How did you get the tanks to display that texture. I have the black ones I want to add to a VF-103 bird. Once you release this, will there be a way to switch back the clean tanks on the 80's birds?

Only thing I did was use a hex editor to change the texture name and created a new tank. Unfortunately you can't switch between different styles of tanks (i.e. this one and the original one) within WoE, so you use this one for all of them or just this one, the option should be there, but it's not unfortunately.

And finally I got a nice shot during a decent part of the day:

airw38.jpg

airw39.jpg

airw40.jpg

Actually I'm getting quite interested in Carrier landing procedures, as I've been trying to trap in WOE and can't do it for the life of me. Now in LOMAC I can VFR trap in an Su-33 loaded to the gills but this is insane. I mean are the horizontal stabs supposed to act like you just added a crapload of up trim?

I agree, I mean more or less by mid-tour and of course end-of tour they get this bad. So yeah after this one I'm going to work on a VF-31 CAG:

Woe35.jpg

Yeah, very dirty unless you are on the last Tomcat cruise! A last cruise Tomcatter would be sweet!

Do you know anything about flight controls in this game. I noticed the F-14's horiz. stabs are not moving correctly, as far as in roll like they should?

Yeah this is Typhoid's F-14D (that's what he named it) and so yeah it needs alot of additions that I can't add. And for the most part if the one in the works (supposedly) has the same mapping, or whatever, I'll transfer it to the appropriate model.

yup. its only the F-14A done previously with some capability and engine changes to account for the additional stuff. It in no way is a new 3d model. There are some in the works over at the MF which will replace the one I've uploaded when they come out.

great work!! You're way ahead of what little I can do with this stuff.

I like the greasy paw prints. As an old squadron maintenance officer, I appreciate the realism you have here.

Last Tomcat Cruise photo attached along with a shot from my last cruise

Edited by Typhoid

@Victory103: Yeah that's essentially what I'm working for. I did one for an Su-33 for a LOMAC mod and it turned out beautiful, and I got these nice marking textures lying about... But since I'm working on the one that's currently out, then yeah I'll wait for the MF one and then do one if they change the whole texture (which I hope they do!) mapping, etc. I mean the amount of skins I do is depending on Mirage Factory and their schedule. If it's imminent I'll probably transfer this one to theirs, and go from there.

@Typhoid: Yeah true, and thanks! Besides I got 664 reference photos for the Tomcat, so I should be doing allright :smile:

This weekend I'll have it ready. I've still got the fuselage end from the canopy to find and weather, but here's some minor touchups to the modex number color. Original grey, now black:

airw47.jpg

airw48.jpg

airw50.jpg

Almost done....