• Announcements

• Erik

26 September - Maintenance Notification   09/21/2024

CombatACE.com will be offline this upcoming Thursday morning, September 26, 2024. The duration of this event will be 4-5 hours. Our website will be unavailable and return an error during that time. Maintenance of our equipment is unavoidable, and this downtime will allow the opportunity to replace worn and damaged fans, power supply units, and thermal paste throughout all our equipment. Thank you for reading our maintenance advisory.
Sign in to follow this  
Bananimal

122nd TFS 159th TFG Coonass Militia F-4C Skins coming!

Hey peeps,

I finally registered with the site so that I could share with you guys some of the things I've been working on for SF.

Here are some screenshots of the once contraversial Louisiana Air National Guard Coonass Militia skins that I'm working on. I've only got a little more to do on number 637, mostly weathering and texture alignment and I'll be modifying the skin for number 522 to reflect more accurately the colors used on these aircraft. The Skins themselves are true representations of these aircraft. I'd purchased a Hasegawa F-4C to build and realized that I had the decal templates for them so I proceeded to start skinning them for SF.

The one off blue camo schemes used on these aircraft were very short lived. They were painted in this scheme when the squadron was attending FWS in Nevada. Rumor has it that a black officer was offended by the name of the squadron painted on the tail of the aircraft and complained to higher ups. The powers that be who didn't understand what a Coonass actually was made the squadron change it's name to Bayou Militia.

For those that don't know, a Coonass is a native Louisianian of French descent. They consist of the original settlers of the Bayou areas of the state and their extended families on the male side. You can call them Cajuns as well. Both are the same. I know this because I'm a Boudreaux and am considered a true Coonass of the state of Louisiana. And I'm proud as hell of it too!

I hope you enjoy these screenies of the progress. Let me know what you guys think.

laang1.gif

laang2.gif

laang3.gif

laang4.gif

laang5.gif

laang6.gif

laang7.gif

laang8.gif

Awesome!....Totally awesome!!!

GREAT SKIN!!!

Chief W.

great work!! congratulations!!

when ready for download?

For some other reason will be pleased to fly this one !

Guest Ranger332

laang8.gif

love it

if you even get a sex change I in love lol jk,but a great skin gimmi gimmi GIMMI lol

I was born in Louisiana and I must say its nice to see a coonass online. Especially when it's a "C" model. Great skin! I will be downloading this one when its available.

S!

Guest Sony Tuckson

that's one hell of a skin

please release it!!!!

now!

I was planning on releasing them in packs of 4 aircraft each. If you guys would rather them seperately let me know and I'll go ahead and push the ones that are completed up. That would be # 841 and # 704 (Mig Killer) in the pictures above.

Guest Sony Tuckson

two finished?

let's go two by two :lol:

Well...I've tried to push them up but I keep getting and error! I'll attach them here for those that have read the thread.

:shock:

Allow me to be 1st.

These are outstanding. Thank You.

Guest Ranger332

thank you for the time and effort.