Sign in to follow this  
herman01

Aircraft Service years

I downloaded your options.ini and replaced it with the one in my mian WOE directory. Still no change though.

ex. F-23 service start and end period is set 1990 to 2040 and still is only availbable 90-95.

something must be disabling your game from accessing the options.ini then.

It has to access the aircraft_data.ini for the plane to even be flyable in game, so for some reason the game is not allowing you to access the options.ini.

Is there a .cat file that hosts the options.ini file? I wonder if that is the problem, maybe being that Vista is only reading the options from the cat file and not from the main directory. I was about to say something about the main directory but you already mentioned the ini file was there.

I downloaded your options.ini and replaced it with the one in my mian WOE directory. Still no change though.

ex. F-23 service start and end period is set 1990 to 2040 and still is only availbable 90-95.

All the end years should be set to the same values in the options ini. That includes the single mission, Coop mission, and Dogfight host. If they're all set to, say, 2040 then then everything up to that year should be available, as long as the service year as stated in a given aircraft's data.ini allows it.

This will need to be done to every pertinent weapon, as well, BTW.

All the end years should be set to the same values in the options ini. That includes the single mission, Coop mission, and Dogfight host. If they're all set to, say, 2040 then then everything up to that year should be available, as long as the service year as stated in a given aircraft's data.ini allows it.

This will need to be done to every pertinent weapon, as well, BTW.

I've got the same symptoms he does running WXP and WOV/E.

I don't have SF so maybe there is something in that combined install that causes this.

see but I also have a combined install of WoE/WoV and it works fine with the extended service years.

Try doing it on a completely separate install of WoE and WoV (meaning not merged).

if that still does NOT work then like I said something is not letting him access the options.ini file in the main directory, whether it be the OS (Vista in this case), or something within the game itself.

they should just incorporate a console system like in battlefield series and Counter-strike series.

Edited by raidenandsolid

I think your thinking in going in the same direction as mine raiden. If I change in variable in the options.ini and doesent effect anything.

Well, I don't know what to say then. It should have worked. The fact that it doesn't means that there is probably something more to the problem than what's really there. Have you tried to uninstall and re-install as a seperate install? Also, I don't have any of my stuff combined. They're all seperate. If this doens't work you might want to try throwing the computer against the wall. I did that once to mine and it finally realized who was the boss. Total surrender.

When I enter the single mission planning area aircraft like F-23 for example is only available years 1990-94, even though in its data file it has a service date of 1990 to 2040. If someone can help me with this it would be great.

Yeah, I think I see where this guy is coming from... for example, the stock F-15A for WOE has ten selectable service years in the Single mission menu, from 1976 - 1986. Whereas wpnssgt's F-15C model has only seven selectable service years, dating from 1979 - 1987, or so. On the other hand, the A-5B model has upto 20+ selectable service years attributed to it. So, either there is something in the individual planes' .INI files that I am missing or it is completely random.

However, following USAFMTL's Options.INI edit regime appears to have worked for me. All the aircraft, with service years ranging from 1950 - 2040 all now fly within their assigned service lifetime in Wings over Europe. I was a bit skeptical at first, because I felt the options.INI file is more or less static, it will be rewritten, every time you select a different aircraft. But, so far it seems to work. Now, I'm about to jump back into the game and try it again... if you don't hear from me on this issue, again... I would say the issue lies elsewhere for this one persons' problem.

One thing I might suggest is... it appears from the traffic on this issue, this person has both WOV and WOE installed... he should be sure that he is editing the WOE file, and not the WOV one. We're all human... it could have been over-looked.

MiG Hound

I have this for the F-15C wpnssgt and I did. ServiceStartYear=1979

ServiceEndYear=2010

"One thing I might suggest is... it appears from the traffic on this issue, this person has both WOV and WOE installed... he should be sure that he is editing the WOE file, and not the WOV one. We're all human... it could have been over-looked."

there are two files in a merged install?

I reintstalled WOE by itself from WOV and the problem still exist. I have checked and rechecked all the possible things that have to be in order the the service years. I have read and followed all the directions and walkthroughs on this issue and it still does not work. I gave up on it a while ago I just was passing through and so this post so I though I would respond.

I reintstalled WOE by itself from WOV and the problem still exist. I have checked and rechecked all the possible things that have to be in order the the service years. I have read and followed all the directions and walkthroughs on this issue and it still does not work. I gave up on it a while ago I just was passing through and so this post so I though I would respond.

Aren't you running Vista? If so, I bet you 20 bucks that is your problem. Get rid of that POS Vista and it will work.

Yup, Im guesing thats my problem too. :yes:

Yup, Im guesing thats my problem too. :yes:

running WXP I did the change noted above in the options.ini file - changing the years for the single mission - and it worked just fine. I have different loads for different scenarios and have been able to tailor the service years as desired.