Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Babylon 5

OK...the series has been away for some time....but man wa it great.

Love the quotes:

Ambassador Londo Mollari:

Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It's a terrible responsibility but I have learned to live with it.

Got it all on DVD ... :biggrin:

I like Zanthras :). I like the relationship between G'kar and Londo in later seasons. Oh yeah, one more thing..

GREEN! :D

Falcon

That's Zathras! :grin:

"Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life... probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

Sadly, Tim Choate died, a few months after Richards Biggs (Dr Franklin), in 1998. Of course Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar) just died last year. :sad:

The B5 direct-to-DVD movie is due out later this year.

For me, it was hard to convert from TNG as a kid to B5 and then after B5, it was hard to watch anything that wasn't! That 5 year arc Jo wrote was priceless and a testement to what good writing can achieve. I don't think we'll ever see anything like it again which is a big shame since just about everything SciFi now has either the SciFi novelty value attached to it, or the formulaic, stale writing that the Trek universe is plagued with (Joss and Firefly/Serenity notwithstanding since he bucked this trend in a MASSIVE way! :grin:)

BSG very much emulated the B5 style. That coupled with the fact that Ron Moore is in charge (he of later-seasons TNG writing fame) and a great cast is why it's my favorite SF show there is right now.

Too bad Crusade was canned by stupid TNT (even before the first show aired!) as it was really promising. Legend of the Rangers was not.

I agree on Crusade....wish that would have stayed around.

Crusade got to a rough start (thank you TNT...:( ) but would have gotten better as they got into the groove. We've got the Crusade scriptbooks on order...and are still getting our B5 scriptbooks...awesome!

Oh, have you read the Technomage trilogy? I'll tell ya, Galen has had a lot of BAD stuff happen to him before we meet him in "Call to Arms" and "Crusade". No wonder his outlook is all FUBARed.

Can't wait for the first B5 direct to DVD movie...

FastCargo

I have the TM trilogy, the Centauri trilogy, the Psi Corps trilogy, the book about Anna Sheridan and Morden's trip to Z'Ha'Dum, and that single book about Sinclair between the end of S1 and his return. :grin:

GREEN! :D

Falcon

PURPLE!!

PURPLE!!

GREEN! :biggrin:

Heh poor Susan. Sometimes I thought she'll bang her head on the wall outta frustration : :grin::blink:

Falcon

"If you value your lives, be somewhere else!"

One of the most awesome lines ever!

Damn, now I gotta watch that ep again! Funny, we were rewatching Season 3 and finally realized why the actor (Vaughn Armstrong) who played Admiral Forrest in ST:ENT looked so familiar. He was the Nightwatch security leader who tried to co-op Zack against Garibaldi. Of course, he had a lot more hair back then...:).

I have the TM trilogy, the Centauri trilogy, the Psi Corps trilogy, the book about Anna Sheridan and Morden's trip to Z'Ha'Dum, and that single book about Sinclair between the end of S1 and his return.

We have all those as well...but do you have the comic trilogy "In Valen's Name" which details the re-reappearance of B4? :)

FastCargo

I'm always behind on comics. I always only find out about them well after their publication and then they get hard to find.

"If you value your lives, be somewhere else!"

FastCargo

These words mean nothing unless you know what she said before them....they are what makes the hair stand up on my arm and back of neck while watching her say it....here it is.

"This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw, .. or be destroyed."

"Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship."

"Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

It was so fun listening to the cast commentaries on the DVD with Jerry and Bruce and so on. They always talked about Mira getting all that exposition.

"A thousand years ago..." :grin:

She's got an interesting recurring part on Lost now.