Sign in to follow this  
Fates

F-15 Crashes in Southern Indiana (May 2007)

I am just glad the pilot got out though.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6586348

Ther'es some great aerial videos....but still sad to loose a good plane.

Oh no, no, no... Another plane down (I mean that F-15) :sorry:

It is like neverending story. Disaster, crash, collision,... :shout:

Well, flying is very nice, but sometimes sorrowful profession (or job, or hobby)...

Attrition is a B!!!!. Thankfully the pilot survived unlike, so many others before.

damn.. :|

thanks for the article

Guest 531_Ghost

Didn't want to go here but, maybe this will refresh your memory: Paraphrased quote,

America crashes F15s, give them to Brazil, we'll take care of them...
Ring a bell? No, the topic wasn't edited your post was. Now let's just let it go mmmmkay?

Guest 531_Ghost

Thank you for letting it end. Being in the business, crashes aren't something to be joked about. They're a very serious matter. I've been involved with several crash investigations and there hasn't been anything funny about any of them.

:beer:

Never heard the F-15 refered to as a "single passenger plane" before. Gotta love those journalists...

Thank GOD like everyone said but i am just reiterating, that the pilot got out safely and its a shame to loose such an awesome airplane but mistakes happen, things fail, the older the airplane gets, the worse flights take their toll, and it is still a shame but thank God again that the pilot survived unlike so many others before like USMC HAWKER stated above

Aging fleet, Moseley cut huge numbers of maintainers, spare parts no longer produced...and the beauty was only designed to last 10 years by the way...dont forget it was designed and built back when we still had more than one type of Fighter on active service (we even had dedicated interceptors back then)...no one with a slide rule forecast the dreadful state the USAF would now today find itself in I think.

Was very glad that Gates said "halt the personnel cuts" now...

GOOD HEAVENS!!!!!!!!! NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

I've said it before & I'll say it again the govt. ought to QUIT gambling on the lives of good men & fully ensure that all military personnel ought to have the best , safest, & most advanced equipment both for the sake of safety & efficiency....

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Did you look at the date of the post?

FastCargo

Did you look at the date of the post?

FastCargo

Oops My mistake... HOW ABSOLUTELY STUPID OF ME.......

Post date aside, I think it's still worth noting that no matter how tight your maintanence is, no matter how many precautions are taken, luck and fate - if you will - always play a bigger part in flying than can be offset.

So long as mankind continues to pry the skies, accidents will inevitably happen.

Post date aside, I think it's still worth noting that no matter how tight your maintanence is, no matter how many precautions are taken, luck and fate - if you will - always play a bigger part in flying than can be offset.

So long as mankind continues to pry the skies, accidents will inevitably happen.

Yeah... but this shouldn't be used as an excuse for all these mishaps which even happen today due to whatever reason...

Yeah... but this shouldn't be used as an excuse for all these mishaps which even happen today due to whatever reason...

Then you know nothing about the danger of military flying. That is an ignorant statement considering the company you are in.