Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Official Desert Storm Annoucement

In looking for a side by side comparison I had seen earlier of the F-14D, FA-18E and SU-33, I came across a little bit about how in afghanistan, the super bombcat was outperforming the superbug.

I said it before, since when has cost mattered for the military? How many billions are we up to in iraq and afghanistan, but we can't afford to fix the navy's best interceptor?

In looking for a side by side comparison I had seen earlier of the F-14D, FA-18E and SU-33, I came across a little bit about how in afghanistan, the super bombcat was outperforming the superbug.

I said it before, since when has cost mattered for the military? How many billions are we up to in iraq and afghanistan, but we can't afford to fix the navy's best interceptor?

Speaking as someone in the military yes costs matter. Maint hours to cost is a big thing now. You have no clue how some are operating on little budgets. My CP is a prime example.

F-14 is the best jet ever made by the USA and too bad Iran is going to retried them also because United States is no longer

helping Iran for spare parts and etc.

Long Live the Tomcat!!!!

So we can't afford to repair planes, we can't afford armor for humvees or kevlar vests for soldiers; Where the hell is the money going?

Indeed, the tomcat will never be retired on my hard drive. or at least until an F-22N is in service :P

Edited by eraser_tr

Since when Iraq is spelled with a g???

A purposefull misspelling...I let my personal perjudices into my finger tips when having anything to do with Middle-Easterners. I know it aint' PC, ...like I've ever cared about that.... but in the automotive industry...well, 'nuf said!

Know too many people that were/are over there. General psychology of the 'de-humanization' of the enemy. If you denegrate them, they aren't the same as you. etc, etc, etc.

Also, in the manner of targets, you might be finding yourself running a recon over one the oldest cities in the world....

...yup, I've even added the ruins of Babylon!

What I'm still trying to find, is a place to put the bunker where Sadam hid all the Kuwaiti gold....

and I'll need a Humve with 3 guys, and footballs with C4 taped to them.... :rofl:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

or at least until an F-22N is in service :P

Blasphemy!

Repent Sinner!!!

To echo Sparkers earlier remark...Tomcats Forever!

[RANT]

Why do most threads turn into Tomcat vs Hornet???

Just let it go, it's been hashed out over and over and over and over again,

that horse has been officially beat to death.

This is the Official Desert Storm Announcement thread ya'll.

[/RANT] :blink:

Agreed. I just cant wait to fly the Nighthawk in this mod :biggrin:!

:off_topic:

Remember Little Kids I know were you live.

Why because I am a ninja :ph34r:

Just want to say some thing :grin:

Also the mod looks good then!

Also, in the manner of targets, you might be finding yourself running a recon over one the oldest cities in the world....

...yup, I've even added the ruins of Babylon!

Awesome!

oh and wrench, please, please don't get me started on de-humanizing enemies.

Well, actually they usually just turn into Tomcat love threads, not many side with the bug :biggrin:

Awesome!

oh and wrench, please, please don't get me started on de-humanizing enemies.

Well, actually they usually just turn into Tomcat love threads, not many side with the bug :biggrin:

Ok now that the announcement is made. You all carry on. We have work to do. Thank you all for your interest. :biggrin: