Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Son Is Now Deployed

My son reported in, he's in country and set to move to his AO. Please keep him in your thoughts, as he's going where my adopted son got wounded and as we all know it's still hairy over there. I wish I could say he's a REMF, but he had to a MARINE and a Combat Engineer at that, and there is no rear area in that s_hole.

Edited by firehawkordy

Next time you speak to him (or write) tell him that Rugg gives him a salute and my gratitude for his service. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Aye, i must agree with rugg I will have my prayer chain keep him in mind

let's hope he'll come back home safe and sound from his tours over there!!

<Salute>

let's hope he'll come back home safe and sound from his tours over there!!

<Salute>

Semper Fi to both your sons. My brother in law is on his 2nd tour. Heavy equipment operator (D9 dozers and the like). Thoughts and prayers with all the Marines, Soldiers, Airmen and Squids doing their duty on a daily basis under less than desirable circumstances. I think about those service people daily. Always will.

Hopefully he will be at a larger base with some civilized facilities. We are building up where I am to prep for closure of two smaller posts across the river from us. This place was only meant to be here for 6 months, but has been up for years. The logistics has been tough, and now with expansion, we are further behind. I am just a "fobbit", but the word is that the battle in the city has been won. We have not had incoming in months, the most excitement in that respect was last month while passing through Baghdad to go out on R&R. (two rockets impacting with 300 meters, too close for me!)

May all of the service members I proudly serve return home soon, and in one peace!!!

BG

Hey fire, we got your back and you and yours in our prayers.

Ditto what USAFMTL said. He'll be in my thoughts. Tell him 'Thanks' for me.

S!

Ditto what USAFMTL said. He'll be in my thoughts. Tell him 'Thanks' for me.

S!

Likewise, I will keep him and all of our troops in my prayers.

I have two sons headed over there later this year, one in the USMC and one in the USN who will be supporting the USA.