Im a IL-2 online pilot, just switched over to WOV for some jet action, good aircraft era as well. I noticed that the WOV room for hyper lobby is always empty. Is there a different location where everyone flys? or is there just not enough Vietnam era interest in flying? Ive had WOV for a week now, got all the updated patches and few addons. Looking to fly multiplayer. Any advice?

If you see me Calvert74, or my brother Calvert60, in hyperlobby jump on in and join us! Will usually be flying on the weekends.

There are very few who play these series of sims online, but those that do love it.

Hyperlobby is a good place to find someone, you just have to hang out there for awhile until someone else pops in.

Doghouse checks in almost every night somewhere between 8 pm and 11 pm.

He has led the charge for SFP1/WOV multiplayer for many years and is probably the best pilot flying this sim online.

I have recently tried to make some time to fly online.

My free time is limited, but typically I am checking in around 10 pm and gone by 11 pm every night.

Last night, I got lucky. Doghouse, God, and Texag02 were flying dogfight aroun 9:45 pm, so I was able to join and have some fun before going to bed at 10:30 pm.

Previously, I have at best found one other person to fly with (usually Doghouse).

I suggest you download and install the program called Hamachi.

It is a free program that permits you to join or create virtual private networks.

It makes the game think that everyone is physically wired together on the same LAN rather than going through the internet.

This solves a lot of problems people have with hosting/joining servers.

So you use Hyperlobby to find people to fly, then have them join a Hamachi network so that communications will be reliable and independent of Hyperlobby.

Good luck on finding people to fly with. This sim is very fun and challenging when the opposition is human rather than lame AI.

i too check in every night from 730 pm -11 pm pacific time

on thursdays i fly ww2 fighters on hyperlobby 4 of us meet there to play from 9-1030pm

doghouse and i also play sf and woe online so we are open to most any thing

hope to see you there

Everyone has to have the same setup to play WOV online...by this I mean have a version that is patched with the latest thirdwire patches for online play (that's what I do) and a second copy for modded singleplayer stuff.

I'm going to try to check in on Hamachi and Hyperlobby as many nights as possible between 9-10:30 Central time.

So far I have downloaded the service pack and on other patch from third wire, is there any more updates I need?

Good to see there is interest in online play. I will also check out the Hamachi download.

Do you guys usually set up a Teamspeak channel or Roger Wilco?

Hey Streak, that's 10-11pm-ish, US EST, right? That means it's roughly lunch time for me... Awwww crap! That mean's I have to take a day of work to play videogames... :sad: On the plus side, that mean I get to take a day off work to play videogames! Woot! :good:

A small crowd is gathering... could it be WOV MP is finally being discovered?

Where was everybody else when I had time to play this all night every night?

@streakeagle

I established a network on my own. Now on WOE I push "Multiplayer" and than: that's it! WOE is "initialising" for a long long time an finally my computer is dead. What is wrong? Should somebody else first join the LAN for WOE to see it? I am the "Host" so there must be a solution as i only have one computer.

Any idea?

@streakeagle

I established a network on my own. Now on WOE I push "Multiplayer" and than: that's it! WOE is "initialising" for a long long time an finally my computer is dead. What is wrong? Should somebody else first join the LAN for WOE to see it? I am the "Host" so there must be a solution as i only have one computer.

Any idea?

No dont use the Multiplayer function - that only for playing on a local network (ie if you had a big network in your house with lots of computers and all your friends came round)

You need to go to the hyperlobby website and download and install the software onto your PC

http://hyperfighter.sk/

If they are using another method then someone will tell you im sure

For Hamatchi you probably need to do a similar thing

Edited by CoolHand29

No dont use the Multiplayer function - that only for playing on a local network (ie if you had a big network in your house with lots of computers and all your friends came round)

You need to go to the hyperlobby website and download and install the software onto your PC

http://hyperfighter.sk/

If they are using another method then someone will tell you im sure

For Hamatchi you probably need to do a similar thing

I just went to the site and there is no WoE game supported, just WoV and SF what gives? I've been trying to get online with WoE(I have WoE cold war gone hot) ver.8.30.06

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...e=1#Post2131690

read this thread it is for first eagles but it works for woe as well

since this was discovered by doghouse and he has passed this onto me i shall pass it on to you

so when your done

pssst, pass it on

It is hard to believe that thirdwire, or whom ever the developers are would not look into making online play a lot easier than this, I can understand requiring the same version, the list of planes that came with the cold war gone hot title are good enough, but no internet play? man, how sad is that? :blink:

You have been misinformed... internet play works fine through the multiplayer interface... you just have to manually specify the IP address of the host. (and the host has to have the proper settings for his router and firewall to permit you to find his pc).

read my thread at thirdwire for the most complete description of online MP for thirdwire sims:

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1410

While having identical installations is a very good idea to increase the probability of successfully joining a MP host, not all files have to be identical... but the person trying to join MUST have every aircraft the host has, have every terrain the host has, and have identical weapons data. So you can have more addon planes than the host, but if the host is not using the weapons pack, then neither can you. Some addon planes automatically modify your weapons data to add missiles and/or fuel tanks when they are installed... if the host doesn't have that aircraft, then his weapons data will be different than yours.

The best approach is to start out with stock installs, then have all involved parties download the same addons from the same links and install them in the same order. If done correctly, custom installations work well with MP.

Personally, I prefer stock installations for MP, because it makes it easier for new players to join. If they have just bought the game, they may need the official service packs/patches and perhaps enable some port forwarding throught their firewalls/routers, then they can play just fine. But Check 6 made a good SFP1 MP addon package that included the Draken, F-5, and F-14. This added quite a few steps to installation, but added a nice variety to the mix for SFP1.

You have been misinformed... internet play works fine through the multiplayer interface... you just have to manually specify the IP address of the host. (and the host has to have the proper settings for his router and firewall to permit you to find his pc).

read my thread at thirdwire for the most complete description of online MP for thirdwire sims:

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1410

While having identical installations is a very good idea to increase the probability of successfully joining a MP host, not all files have to be identical... but the person trying to join MUST have every aircraft the host has, have every terrain the host has, and have identical weapons data. So you can have more addon planes than the host, but if the host is not using the weapons pack, then neither can you. Some addon planes automatically modify your weapons data to add missiles and/or fuel tanks when they are installed... if the host doesn't have that aircraft, then his weapons data will be different than yours.

The best approach is to start out with stock installs, then have all involved parties download the same addons from the same links and install them in the same order. If done correctly, custom installations work well with MP.

Personally, I prefer stock installations for MP, because it makes it easier for new players to join. If they have just bought the game, they may need the official service packs/patches and perhaps enable some port forwarding throught their firewalls/routers, then they can play just fine. But Check 6 made a good SFP1 MP addon package that included the Draken, F-5, and F-14. This added quite a few steps to installation, but added a nice variety to the mix for SFP1.

This is just what i mean, the router settings, all the same aircraft, trying to find the host pc, weapons pack, come on some of us do not know how to figure out router settings, what if the host does not know how to make his router settings available to us or how to make his pc "seeable" the players MUST have All the AC's the host has? how do you find out this info if you can't even find his pc? this is way too much to do for a noob, Strike fighters? I'm talking about WoE cold war gone hot. Man could the dev's streamlined this process?

it just seems a bit too much "stuff" to do just to get to play online.