Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Pictures At An Exhibition

Just some shots from yet another terrain upgrade I'm working on (while waiting for more DS stuff to show up)

Without further ado....

Phantom 1, MiG 0

ir-iq-1.jpg

Singed my tailfeathers, and just missed...this time!

ir-iq-2.jpg

Iraqi push towards an Iranian outpost under heavy fire...

ir-iq-3.jpg

Recon over Khrak Island (southern end) --about 2 seconds later, I was missing my wings and in the drink, shark food.

ir-iq-5.jpg

Flypast over Bander-e Khomeyni (note the shipwreck, a leftover of the Tanker War)

ir-iq-6.jpg

The targets have been completly redone, with about 50 new areas, new ground attack, truck and shipping routes, a few dozen new objects (the usual stuff for the terrain - truck parks, industrial/chemical centers, power stations, etc plus artillery that works kinda and other surprises). Using Polak's new Desert Tiles; fully tested and SF and WoE (should work just fine in WoV as well)

It goes out for testing soon to some teammates (as there are still a few little bugs). When it's ready, you'll get the word.

Designed for use in you seperate, Iran-Iraq Install -- should NOT be use by itself, as you probably won't have the necessary ground objects and country specific aircraft and loadouts - that will be taken care of in the final release.

There's a highly detailed, explicitlly instructed readme (that ain't quite finished) that wll explain all.

Release Date: more than '2 weeks' :haha:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Simple question: Payware or freeware?

I'd say FREEWARE!

Always freeware...it's not a new map, it's a revamp of the original. Besided, I just tweek objects and targets. It's USAMTL & Co's from the Iran/Irag Total Conversion Mod.

If you all WANT to send money ... well, I ain't to proud to take it!! But, I'd rather it go to a good charaity ....

The Foundation for the Financial Relief of The Wrench :rofl: or the American Diabetes Association.

Wrench

kevin stein

:biggrin:

Excellent stuff Kevin. Iran/Iraq is one of my favorite installs so an update to an already great terrain would be great.

Yes, I have been having to do my Iran/Iraq install with Sp3 and while flying it I realize how much I like the current SP! It will be great to get an upgraded version of this as it is my favorite stand-alone installs out there. It will also light the fire under my a** to get that skin finished I wanted to use for it.

Always freeware...

Wrench

kevin stein

:good::ok::clapping: