Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Odd aircraft - Dornier Do 200 for example

If only the engines had been strong enough to actually make the plane combat-capable. :wink:

Another odd aircraft that never quite made it although I think it had revolutionary design enough to have been placed in production as a conventional aircraft instead of the V/STOL it was supposed to be is the XFV-12...

xfv12_3view.jpg

Now THIS would be a plane to have in WoE... Part Skyhawk, part Phantom... But stronger than both!

(*GASP*) are those canards on the lower fuselage? bad idea, man. Your main wing would be the turbulent wake of the canards during a climb or in any AOA, and you'd lose lift unless you're going fast enough for the wings to be knifing throuh the air, which you aren't on most takeoffs.

looks cool, though.

Edited by Rambler 1-1

looks cool, though.

Well, why I do get the feeling that this was the sole objective of this program? Seriuosly, this 'aircraft' looks like it was designed by a group of fanboys. I know that this was (apparently) not the case, but this doesn't really make it better...