Sign in to follow this  
tmdgm

mIG-15/17/19 Cockpit

I know this has been asked quite a few times, and it sounds like there isn't one, but are there any cockpits around.

Assuming the answer is no, is there anything else to use besides the A-4 cockpit?

Someone is working on a new Mig-9, they may do a dedicated pit.

I'm assuming you haven't considered any of the other 1st Generation Jets as a substitute???

(cough) Sabre (cough)

I, to am unhappy with using the Scooter, as it needs a few little tweek to rear of the cockpit (bulkhead). But it IS all we really have.

Wonder if we can sweet-talk Lexx into making a few 'moves' for us, using MK2's russianized one, and have a more open over the shoulder view??

Lexx??? You there buddy?? :good: I have that nice russian PB1 gunsight all ready to go...hehehehee :haha:

(as if I didn't already give to you!!)

There's always the Su-17 pit, too.

Remember the 3 Words We Live By:

Improvise

Adapt

Overcome

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks. That's what I figured.

How do I use the Su-17 pit? What files do I need to copy? That would be better I think than the A-4 at least.

Thanks. That's what I figured.

How do I use the Su-17 pit? What files do I need to copy? That would be better I think than the A-4 at least.

Look HERE

It is topic in the Knowledge base. Wrench is author. It is very helpfull for you, I think :clapping:

I am using MK-2s A-4 "russianized" pit HERE

For Mig-17PF/PFU and Mig-19P I am using Mig-21PFM cocpit. It is Lexx_Luthors idea. It works realy good.

Look at this topic about PF/PFU/PM versions http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...=hungarian+migs

Mig-21PFM pit is placed in the download section HERE

I have read something about USAF early jets (with radar) cocpits for PF/PFU/PM/P versions. But I forgot where :blush:

Edited by kukulino

I use the WOE HunterFGA9 cockpit for the MiG-17, and it looks way better than the A-4 pit. For the MiG-19 I use the Razbam Banshee cockpit, which is beautiful!

I use the WOE HunterFGA9 cockpit for the MiG-17, and it looks way better than the A-4 pit. For the MiG-19 I use the Razbam Banshee cockpit, which is beautiful!

WOW, good idea! :good:

To better look for my Mig pits (without radar) I am using F-100d_sight.tga, no original.

This is how far I got using the F-86D cockpit in the early MiGs....radar moved out of the way for the day fighters.

Page 17 ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...0&start=128

My first experiments with MiG-15 and La-15 were earlier, page 8. I am now using F-86D cockpit panel inside the MiG-15 too.

To releace this, either for use in the traditional "SF" full cockpit or my chop method, we need permission from the DogSabre Team and ArmourDave (I used some of his/her Su-17 cockpit skin artwork). My chop method requires a few additional sim changes. For my method, it may be nice to get the nod from the MiG-15 creator Pasko, although we don't change anything in the model.

Well,I have to use the ***ty A-4 black cockpit for MiG-17b and a green A-4 for the other 2 MiGs.

Someone is working at the MiG-9?Woooohoooo! :clapping:

Using the regular Sabres shouldn't be a problem....just shoot Zur a PM. He's been real good to me when I created the various full mods of his beloved F-86 (IDF, WW2, RAF Sabre 4). I always asked, and he's always granted permissions.

I think USAFMTL was on the SabreDog team, shoot him one too. He might know who to contact.

As for AD's stuff....he ain't been around for quite some time. Don't know if the email on his site is still active, but it'd DEFINATELY be worth the nickel to try.

At the worst, it might be considered 'abandonware', but the admins would have to make that descision.

You've done way too much work; you've discovered some great things to get pits for Red Air and other birds...I personally feel this is too important to let languish.

EDIT: there's another llittle tweek I learned from the Mirage Factory (21F-13, I think). Since we're (mostly) using Badger & Magoo's pit, which have metric demoniation/reading for the gauges, open the data ini and add this line to the {AircraftData} section:

UseMetricUnit=TRUE

it'll covert the little readout in the corner to kph.

Wrench

kevin stein

I talk to AD alot, he is always on ICQ. Yes I was on the Sabre Dog team.