Sign in to follow this  
lanf

Iran-Iraq Campaign problem

Hi Everyone

I've just downloaded the Iran-Iraq campaign and I activated it using the generic mod enabler after modifying the medals\weapons stuff.

Everything seems to work fine except from the menus......they are a mix of the standard SFP1 menus and the WoE\WoV ones

Please have a look at the pic!

I'm using WoE\Wov merged instal

Any suggestion please :blink: ?

post-6555-1186858722_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone

I've just downloaded the Iran-Iraq campaign and I activated it using the generic mod enabler after modifying the medals\weapons stuff.

Everything seems to work fine except from the menus......they are a mix of the standard SFP1 menus and the WoE\WoV ones

Please have a look at the pic!

I'm using WoE\Wov merged instal

Any suggestion please :blink: ?

I think that mod was made for Strikefighters so that may be the problem.

That can probably be fixed via the ini files in the menu/ Menu.cats - not sure which ones though. Someone who messes around with the Interface (kout) is probably best to comment here.

That can probably be fixed via the ini files in the menu/ Menu.cats - not sure which ones though. Someone who messes around with the Interface (kout) is probably best to comment here.

THANK YOU to everyone :good:

Any help will be more than wellcome!

It's also designed as a 'stand-alone'; you know, the 'Total Conversion' types. And should NOT be used in a merged install. That's the only way to do it right...just like the readme should have said.

And yes, it was designed for SF only. But I got it working in WoE with no sweat.

Just to let you know, the I/I map has also gone back 'into the hangar' for an overhaul. Just as a tease, there are almost 200 target areas now, plus all kinds of new and wonderful objects. Many of the target areas have the correct names as well.

To let you in on a secret, go up the the downloads section, and get Polak's newest version of his desert tiles, they look MUCH better than the stock stuff -- that's what I"m using...

ir-iq-6.jpg

ir-iq-1.jpg

silkworms.jpg

iran_troops_defending.jpg

Wrench

kevin stein

:good: Thanks for the explanation,just one more question:I downloaded Polak's Desert2 and everything works well except for some areas around Mehram;I mean, if you look at the pic some building remain white\without texture while in other part of the map like Baghdad everything is OK

To install the map I copied the desert.cat in the IR folder,renamed it IR.cat and then I put all the content of Polak'sPRDesert2.zip in the IR folder

post-6555-1187092239_thumb.jpg

You're probably missing the pointer for the building's skin. Look in the IR_DATA.ini, and go through each of the terrain tile listings, like below:

[Texture003]

Filename=sea2desert50.TGA

HasWater=1

HeightMap=sea2desert50_hm.BMP

HeightMapScale=75.000000

Color=0.674493,0.583993,0.448464

SolidObjectTexture=terobject_buildings1.BMP <-this line

AlphaObjectTexture=terobject_trees1.TGA<-and this line

You may need to add them. Obviously, you won't be adding them to the sea (ocean) tiles. But you will to the sea/desert, desert/farm, desert/mountain, etc

Another thing with Polaks' tiles, is the city 'grids' are heavily populated already (built into the tile). You may need to go through the targets ini and remove any and all references to buildings, other than warehouses, generator buildings, HQ buildings - for EACH of the city entries. SAM and AAA units will have to be moved, as some are now inside the terrain buildings.

That's why I said 'it back in the shop for repairs'. There's something in the neighborhood of 5-7000 objects that need moving around or deleting. Several of the airfields are VERY misplaced (Shiraz, Busher, Tehran-as is the city itself), several important ones are missing (the real Busher, Krahg Island). Oil fields renamed to their correct names, several are missing in Iran. Several cities in Iran and Iraq are missing; Umm Qsar, Khorramshar (across from Basra), Bandar-e Shapur (seen above; the pic with the 2 Fishbeds and the oil tanker wreck), Bandar-e Kanga in the south. Fortified strongpoints on both sides, vehicle depots, industrial centers, refineries....you get the idea.

It's getting a MAJOR rebuild. Hopefully, after DS is released, it will follow. There are several areas that need major flattening for the correction of the airbases, and etc

So, play with what you got now, and be paitent for the new stuff.

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: also in the works, pending Edward's permission, updated 'Modern' Darwin/Timor map. Target area (re)placement nearly complete, just need airfield flattenings.

W

It's also designed as a 'stand-alone'; you know, the 'Total Conversion' types. And should NOT be used in a merged install. That's the only way to do it right...just like the readme should have said.

And yes, it was designed for SF only. But I got it working in WoE with no sweat.

Just to let you know, the I/I map has also gone back 'into the hangar' for an overhaul. Just as a tease, there are almost 200 target areas now, plus all kinds of new and wonderful objects. Many of the target areas have the correct names as well.

To let you in on a secret, go up the the downloads section, and get Polak's newest version of his desert tiles, they look MUCH better than the stock stuff -- that's what I"m using...

Great news to see that this great campaign is under overhaul.

Silly question, but any ETA?

I must correct myself -- it's only 127 target areas.

I'm not doing the campaign ini myself; don't have too much knowledge there, just rebuilding the targets. BTW, having a quick look at the campaign, it calls for aircraft that were never used in theatre - hence the importance of a stand alone version (no Su-7 for Iraq). With the arrival of several vehicles/SAMs etc, both from 3rd Wire and other persons (M-60s for Iran, for instance, and the missing Cheiftien MBT - a Centurion could be used as a stand in); F-7A/F-7B/F-7BS Fishbeds are missing...lots of work rebuilding that too.

All the weapons callouts are also incorrect; there are loads of Iraninan and Iraqian ONLY weapons in the wepak; so, like I said, the "IranIraq_DATA.INI" also needs a complete overhaul. To say nothing of the strategic nodes...what with all the new target areas.

Paitence, hopefully, will be rewarded!

Wrench

kevin stein

I must correct myself -- it's only 127 target areas.

I'm not doing the campaign ini myself; don't have too much knowledge there, just rebuilding the targets. BTW, having a quick look at the campaign, it calls for aircraft that were never used in theatre - hence the importance of a stand alone version (no Su-7 for Iraq). With the arrival of several vehicles/SAMs etc, both from 3rd Wire and other persons (M-60s for Iran, for instance, and the missing Cheiftien MBT - a Centurion could be used as a stand in); F-7A/F-7B/F-7BS Fishbeds are missing...lots of work rebuilding that too.

All the weapons callouts are also incorrect; there are loads of Iraninan and Iraqian ONLY weapons in the wepak; so, like I said, the "IranIraq_DATA.INI" also needs a complete overhaul. To say nothing of the strategic nodes...what with all the new target areas.

Paitence, hopefully, will be rewarded!

Wrench

kevin stein

When we built this thing almost 3 years ago we used what had available. Beggars cant be choosers you know.

True, my bother, but now we can have the technology -- we can rebuild it :rofl: --I just crack myself up sometimes!!!

After all, Sinufru didn't build his first pyramid in a year (or the second....or the third....). Was watching 'Engineering an Empire: Egypt this afternoon. Gotta love the CG!!

Something interesting I ran over today*, there was some mention of Iranian F-7 Fishbeds...never heard of that!!

Makes for an interestering scenario - MiG v MiG...

Wrench

kevin stein

*whilst trying to updated/upgrade/correct and even fix howling1's F/J-7 series mods. Got a lot of the re-done, but unfortunately some must use the newest 21MF lods; need to 5 hardoints

Thanks people :clapping:

I was not asking for someone to rebuild for me the campaign,only some tips to allow me to fly the campaign without big problems since I have already updated by myself all the plane loadouts

In any case if you are working to a complete rebuilt of it the news is certanly more than WELLCOME :good::good::good:

Echo that!

Dear Modders, please be aware how much we lesser mortals appreciate your fine and selfless work!

Echo that!

Dear Modders, please be aware how much we lesser mortals appreciate your fine and selfless work!

Second that

Hallowed are the modders!