Sign in to follow this  
tmdgm

History channel cancelling dogfights!

At least that's the rumor anyway. There is a forum at the history channel which has several people indicating the show has been canceled.

http://boards.historychannel.com/forum.jsp...rumID=800000053

Nobody knows if they'll finish up season 2 or when will be the last show or if it's even true. People have contacted the history channel and the official response has been they have no plans to cancel the show. However there are some good sources (people who work with the animators) who have indicated it is true.

I hate starting/spreading rumors (this one is worth spreading even if it's wrong), but if anyone is interested in the show, contact history channel via the email below to express interest in the show. Maybe there's a chance the high up execs will reconsider. If it's not canceled, maybe they'll be motivated for a season 3 with all the support.

thc.viewerrelations@aetv.com

I really hope it's only a rumor because Dogfights is a really great show. I was hooked on it since day one and have been fascinated by each episdoes ever since (except that battleship one that had NOTHING to do with dogfights). I'll definately be sending in a letter, just in case.

I dont believe this rumor at all. Mainly because Dogfights and Human Weapon are bringing in the ratings that History Channel has been wanting. I think this will be proved as nothing more than a harmless rumor and Dogfights will be still shown. And if it gets cancelled then that would suck since it is one of my favourite shows on that channel.

Naaaah, I don't buy it. It's too easy for some dweeb with no real-life social skills to get on there for no reason other than stirring up the forum. (we've all seen it) Now I do wish the History Channel would decide on a time-slot & stick with it. Not everyone has (or wants) a Tivo, y'know.

More than likely, those "sources" that work in the animations department probably stirred up the rumor themselves to get people motivated to send in emails and concerns to the History channel to encourage a 3rd season of the show. It's all about job security for those folks. The minute that the History channel doesn't want to do another season, those folks are out of a job (temporarily though). However, I'm sure they probably like what they're doing now.

From what I heard they are making more episodes and there is a lull in showing anything because of that.

Yeah, the one on the Bismarck and the one on the S Pacific naval engagement were really stretching it when it comes to the definition of "dogfights." A bunch of Swordfish vs a BB = NOT. :grin: