Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

New SU-25 pics and vid 06/26/03

Great new video and 2 screenshots today of a Su-25 "Frogfoot" taking a pounding while performing a cluster-bomb attack on a convoy of M-109 self-propelled artillery. The cluster-bomb explosion effects are incredible!

sshot74.jpg

sshot75.jpg

Grab the new 9.0Mb WMV video here.

With all the Gound pounder games I've been playing lately, it makes me feel good there's no Frogfoot or A-10 in those games. You just can't run away from bomb drops like that. Ouch

That has to be the best graphical representation of cluster bombs in any computer simulation to date. These graphics may well alone keep LOMAC going for the next 4-5 years. Coupled with add-ons like new aircraft, major gameplay features, new campaigns/theaters etc, the LOMAC line could continue for a long long time.

Guest Ranger332

looked very good made me get a preorder

I didn't notice it the when I first saw this movie when it was released, but it's a SAM hit that causes the fuel leak. First you can see a smoke streak missing the aircraft and from the same point a new smoke trail is comming towards the plane a few seconds later. Just as it passes by you see a flash and then the smoke is coming from the wing..... Cool :D

I have to second that about the bomb effects. As a matter of fact I can't remember any sim even trying to graphically present a believable cluster bomb effect.

Ya, this is the best video so far... can you say pre-order?