Sign in to follow this  
Hellzone

What do you want in BOB

More trees in the terrain :biggrin::biggrin:

How about no 2D trees .... because i hate flying to low and seeing flat green things.

Edited by Hellzone

Not to run on Direct X 10 only so I won't have to buy Vista to play it. And a flyable Do-17.

GOOD AI on both the friendly and enemy sides!! Il-2 is sorely missing that.

Good modeling of altitudes over 10k ft.

naw... DX-10 all the way. Only the best gfx for the best game, i agree the AI is fairly stupid. Im looking into my game to do some tweaking with that.

naw... DX-10 all the way. Only the best gfx for the best game, i agree the AI is fairly stupid. Im looking into my game to do some tweaking with that.

And that is about the most ridiculous attitude - What happens here is a company misses 80% of the simulation market in sales.

DX10 is unreliable and medial at best in what it offers over DX9. A multi engined DX9/DX10 is what some devs use, and many have not and will not migrate to DX10 because the market is not ready.

If a simulation is released with DX10 as the only platform. Dont expect every simmer to run out and buy it. The graphics are always a nice touch but not what keep us enthralled in a sim. There is still in no existence a truly beautiful DX9 Military Sim that utilizes what DX9 can do, what you do by saying only DX10 is alienate a large group of people, those of which who would be your primary market.

Event hough some of us are DX10 capable, many of us still refuse to use Vista, many have given it a shot and have seen absolutely no reason to migrate from XP and DX9.

Learn your market before you choose the graphics platform, DX10 only for any title = Suicide in terms of profitable margin.

That is how I see it :)

Desireable to me woudl be fully modeled cockpits and cabins in which i have lots of buttons to click and switch. I want bombers with fully modeled crews all able to communicate orders with me. I want full wing flex and stress to be modeled and shown. I want fully 3D objects and worlds. etc Basically I want the most detailed, accurate simulation of aircraft ever made.

Granted I'm dragging up a old post here but hell nobody is posting much in these parts anymore anyways.

Edited by Husky42

And that is about the most ridiculous attitude - What happens here is a company misses 80% of the simulation market in sales.

DX10 is unreliable and medial at best in what it offers over DX9. A multi engined DX9/DX10 is what some devs use, and many have not and will not migrate to DX10 because the market is not ready.

If a simulation is released with DX10 as the only platform. Dont expect every simmer to run out and buy it. The graphics are always a nice touch but not what keep us enthralled in a sim. There is still in no existence a truly beautiful DX9 Military Sim that utilizes what DX9 can do, what you do by saying only DX10 is alienate a large group of people, those of which who would be your primary market.

Event hough some of us are DX10 capable, many of us still refuse to use Vista, many have given it a shot and have seen absolutely no reason to migrate from XP and DX9.

Learn your market before you choose the graphics platform, DX10 only for any title = Suicide in terms of profitable margin.

Well said.

Accurate flight models without bias? I guess BOB won't have any US planes for a while so bias shouldn't be an issue for a while. :sorry:

It will have German, Italian, and British planes certainly. So hopefully the bias will be equal. :grin:

An option to have the Hawker Tempest in the BoB! In the book 'Typhoon and Tempest at War' Hawker's test pilot Roland Beaumont considered just how good the Tempest would have been in the BoB.

(I know, I just want to have it easy).

I hope it is cool enough to let me live out my "Piece of Cake" fantasy world...I would be "Moggy"