Sign in to follow this  
HrntFixr

MOH: Airborne

Picked this up this week.

Not bad, your typical MOH series FPS.

I've been out of them for awhile, so what do you all think of it?

It is the best of the series so far. Much fun.

had it in my hands, but put it back and bought GRAW2. My wife was the one of all people that told me about MOH:Airborne, and she NEVER talks about my games! Guess that was the sign I should have bought it..........

Apparently you can mod your weapons during the campaign... What can you do exactly? Add sights, silencers, firing grips, etc?

Guest Bounder
Apparently you can mod your weapons during the campaign... What can you do exactly? Add sights, silencers, firing grips, etc?

THIS GAME WILL MOD YOUR WEAPONS FOR YOU,like adding a choke to your combat shotgun

Yes, the better you get with a weapon, the more goodies you get.

Exp: I have everything for my M1... lobbing nades with it is a blast in CTF.

STG-44 with a scope and dual mags = SWEET!!!!

Yes, the better you get with a weapon, the more goodies you get.

Exp: I have everything for my M1... lobbing nades with it is a blast in CTF.

STG-44 with a scope and dual mags = SWEET!!!!

Did someone say STG 44? <drools>.

Falcon

Yes, MOH: Airborne does indeed have a demo. It feels like it's the first part of one mission, not an entire one. The ending seems abrupt and wrong, so I'm guessing that's what the deal is.

I'll be getting this, but when it comes down in price. No rush. :grin:

So what's the deal with weapon mods? After gaining exp with one, do you get prompted to attatch gear to it, or do you just start the next level with taped mags or sights etc? What about things like bipods for sinper rifles? I gotta say, after reading Axis of Time, I'm keen to get my mits on an Stg44 with an underslung grenade launcher. :biggrin: jk

I gotta say I'm with you Jedi, in regards to wainting for this one to cheapen a bit. Cash isn't the issue, just that the MOH series, in my opinion, hasn't been that strong since infinity ward gained their independence. They know how to make an intense shooter. I'm not EA bashing, but they've been playing catch up since then and not doing too good a job. I was pretty disappointed with MOH Pacific and you can only do "D-Day" so many times.

The funny thing was Pacific did one thing very right--the abolition of health packs and replacement by the medic with a limited number of healings.

Then Airborne goes and dumps that. :sad: