Sign in to follow this  
Guest Saganuay82

Color drawings for a FAE Kfir C2

Guest Saganuay82

Anyone know of color drawings / plates and paint color codes for that aircraft / airforce?

Guest Saganuay82

Thanks. Got that one. There is a pic of a two tone green one at ACIG.org. I guess I could work with this one and change the color palette.

Have you seen the other plates that are available at Wings Palette?

Guest Saganuay82

Yep, side profiles. The one that is at the very bottom is the style I would like to have :)

Guest Saganuay82

Indeed. Top profile is a big help.

That would be quite an easy skin to make, not many mesh connections necessary by the looks of it. Tail's simple, so is the nose due to the different colour radome. Wings would be simple too. Would you like me to try and whip something up?

Guest Saganuay82

FAE2.jpg

Yeah its not perfect by any chance yet. Work continues. Time to go hunting camps.

No thanks Bib, I'm sure you have a full load from BLT on the go.

Edited by Saganuay82

Oky doke mate. Lol you're right, the bacon basher keeps me on my toes.

Oky doke mate. Lol you're right, the bacon basher keeps me on my toes.

I resemble that remark.

Guest Saganuay82

ikindalikeit.jpg

C7 is more fun with the modern HUD and countermeasures.

WIP, still camo to fix up, some more paint, details. The Philippines is a fun terrain to fly with this. Even with all the Zeros and Zekes on the ramps, in 1995, there is more SAM and AAA to shake a stick at.

EDIT: New pic.........Happy Hallow'een

Edited by Saganuay82

Guest Saganuay82

AS I understand, the above camo is on the way out. Anyone have good pics of the current C7 paint schemes?

Any chance that while your doing these you could also make the Mirage 5/50 based ENAER Pantera used by Chile? It has a Kfir nose and many parts found on the Kfir as ENAER had IAI help.

Anyone have good pics of the current C7 paint schemes?

Recently I bought an airplane magazine which has an article about the FAE, with some Kfir photos. If you are interested, PM me, but I will reply only on next monday because I'll be away.

AS I understand, the above camo is on the way out. Anyone have good pics of the current C7 paint schemes?

48-02la.jpg

109_1.jpg

Hey Sag do you use the pen tool at all for your camos, or are you using the brush freehand?

Guest Saganuay82

Pen? Never used the Pen. I use the brush and freehand with the Blur and Smudge tools plus opacity. Magic wand, clone oh what else.

The pen vector tool is one of the most versatile functions there is in Photoshop. Imagine it like this, you can create very smooth beziel outlines that can be filled with a colour and then stroked with a soft brush of your choice, depends on the hard-edge-ness you want of the camo pattern. It makes for very fluent looking camo patterns. Also, using the this way, you can go back and edit the camo pattern very easily as much as you like, allowing a much more accurate camo pattern. Doing it by freehand with a brush can be very time consuming and often results in a jittery edged effect due to being drawn by hand. Came up with a quick tutorial on the basics of the pen tool...

post-5661-1193876737_thumb.jpg

Saganuay82, that's one awesome camo you're working on, look's fantastic.

Guest Saganuay82

Thanks and as for your req ref the Kfir nose, I can't do that. I don't have modelling programs and that would have to be done by the guys who made the original model.