Sign in to follow this  
super61

Old girl is starting to show her age (again)

well Honesty...

It is impossible for me to believe that when the project that Moseley said was / is his #1 priority ran afoul in Congress, to include people being dismissed and millions mis-allocated that he claimed he knew nothing about it...then, barely weeks later CSAR-X goes the way no one expected, and again he claimed to know nothing about it...even the GAO took notice and cried foul...then cutting 40,000 in addition to the 22,000 jobs he already cut, all without one cent (in fact, the opposite was realized, all money was drained into the Army) and still insisting on making more cuts? Why? To further feed the Army? No thanks.

This smacks of deeper issues.

No one is doing anything different, we trudge along the same paths...we are fighting an entirely new foe, one that Cold War mentality will not muster against. Of course he has no magic wand to fix all of our fears, but why change the uniform? Then another uniform change...then another...then talk of re-aligned the MAJCOMs...again...

Wag the Dog

Yep, I know it sounds like a rant, conspiracy theory, uninformed dweeb...and maybe I am.

well Honesty...

It is impossible for me to believe that when the project that Moseley said was / is his #1 priority ran afoul in Congress, to include people being dismissed and millions mis-allocated that he claimed he knew nothing about it...then, barely weeks later CSAR-X goes the way no one expected, and again he claimed to know nothing about it...even the GAO took notice and cried foul...then cutting 40,000 in addition to the 22,000 jobs he already cut, all without one cent (in fact, the opposite was realized, all money was drained into the Army) and still insisting on making more cuts? Why? To further feed the Army? No thanks.

This smacks of deeper issues.

No one is doing anything different, we trudge along the same paths...we are fighting an entirely new foe, one that Cold War mentality will not muster against. Of course he has no magic wand to fix all of our fears, but why change the uniform? Then another uniform change...then another...then talk of re-aligned the MAJCOMs...again...

Wag the Dog

Yep, I know it sounds like a rant, conspiracy theory, uninformed dweeb...and maybe I am.

oh! those issues! I thought you were focusing just on the F-15 radioactive, sucking chest wound!

can't argue with any of those......

(shakes head sadly......)

the obvious answer is to disband the Air Force and turn it all over to the Navy.

:yes:

Funny you should mention that...I was thinking that the Army should be split into a Homeland Defense; ie, National Guard force and a QRF (yep, like the Marines).

USAF would do well to have a similar posture of re-awakening ADC and a similar ALLIED FORCE concept of protracted air war hitting targets for political reasons.

But the real jist of the earlier topic is that one would think it unlikely that the bad guys will use airliners again, and if they did a two-ship of F-16 can not stop a plane leaving Dulles from suddenly crashing into the White House...do the math...and try to take that shot over DC, besides their look down shoot down capability is no where near that good into such a congested area..."suspicious track"...yeah a cessna carrying cocaine, I agree completely...a suicidal airliner...I vehemently disagree.

Seems to my mind that a new tactic is much more likely...an IED in the Lincoln Tunnel or on I-95...America has 4 million miles of roads...and how many highway patrolmen are trained to handle or even recognize an IED?

No, this enemy is like the sand, knows no bounds, and can try anything...we should try to improve our processes...we cant prepare for every contingency, but we need to get better at not doing the same old thing.

I like the comment about the Navy/Marine hehe yeah disband the Army and make the Marines the main ground force, and absorb the Airforce into the Navy.

But then the flack would fall on the Marines and we can't have that.

I don't like the idea of having all F22 force for air defence, don't know how large teh F-22 force would be compared to F-15 1/3, 1/4? that can't possobly be enough to cover the kind of comitment the military has around the world. Kosovo, Korea, Kuwait.. wow all Ks

F-16 are numerous but they're getting older in design, F-35 replacing the F-16 I don't think they'll be in the same number either. Scalling down is a pain and you could bet on another scalling down one the Democrates take office.

I like the comment about the Navy/Marine hehe yeah disband the Army and make the Marines the main ground force, and absorb the Airforce into the Navy.

I don't like the idea of having all F22 force for air defence, don't know how large teh F-22 force would be compared to F-15 1/3, 1/4? that can't possobly be enough to cover the kind of comitment the military has around the world. Kosovo, Korea, Kuwait.. wow all Ks

F-16 are numerous but they're getting older in design, F-35 replacing the F-16 I don't think they'll be in the same number either. Scalling down is a pain and you could bet on another scalling down one the Democrates take office.

I'm still waiting for the scaling up from when the Republicans took office........

OUCH! Ah, right in the kidney... :search:

And now you know why I am registered with the Communist Party of North Amerika...some people say that is throwing my vote away and I ask them what they got for the last 8 years or the 8 years before that?

And dont even mention Al Gore, who no doubt will run again...come on man, a Nobel Prize for a frakkin slide show? I should dust off some old briefings of mine, maybe they will make me SG of the UN...

Heck, he even admitted it was a slide show he did years ago (think it was in über-geek magazine) then they gave him what an academy award, keys to the city, and now a Nobel Prize...I feel sorry for the guy that lost

Edited by sparkomatic

On the other hand, MS got a powerful endorsement for Powerpoint--"Win Oscars and Nobel Prizes with MS Office Powerpoint!!" :biggrin:

Anyway, I think we can lay a lot of blame at Rumsfeld's feet. He was given carte blanche to remake the military on his...whim...and he didn't listen to anyone who disagreed with him one bit.

As much as I liked the idea of Rummy taking over, and a welcome step it was from Cohen...yeah, he was no McNamara but I think he tried to be.

Speaking of, I used to hate McNamara, blamed him for a lot of things...then a dude had a film about the guy...I never knew such a thing was out there...OK, so McNamara was handed a flaming/steaming pile of rabid dog poop by Johnson...and McNamara never blamed either Kennedy nor Johnson, but when you start looking at things, a lot of what went wrong was politics misguided

But that was then...

OUCH! Ah, right in the kidney... :search:

And now you know why I am registered with the Communist Party of North Amerika...some people say that is throwing my vote away and I ask them what they got for the last 8 years or the 8 years before that?

actually thats what ticked me off and got me active in the party operations. Being retired I can do that now.

of course, just a tiny, tiny cog waaaaaaay down at the local level. but hey, if you don't start........

understand that during the grounding the pilots had to find innovative ways to keep current......

:rofl:

OUCH! Another kidney shot...

:haha:

only with the best of intentions and friendship....

Ah..."disband the USAF and leave it up to the Navy"...just as soon as you guys stop wearing dungarees...

*Typhoid*

LOL love that pic of flight proficiency, formation running?

how would they do IFR proficiency I wonder.

"With the blast shield down I can't even see! How am I supposed to fight?"

You win...I am still laughing... :grin:

we will fight in the shade! ....

We make enough of our own flak as it is, lol, we dont need anymore.

understand that during the grounding the pilots had to find innovative ways to keep current......

ROTFLMFAO, thats hilarious!!! :rofl: