Sign in to follow this  
Longestpants

The Horror

A lot of people are skeptical about this to a large degree. I personally think they should've gone 3d-animated so only the voice casting is important, how the actors look isn't. Plus the car just doesn't look right in the 21st century.

maybe it'll be based in the proper time setting... the 60s.

Doubt it!

A lot of people are skeptical about this to a large degree. I personally think they should've gone 3d-animated so only the voice casting is important, how the actors look isn't. Plus the car just doesn't look right in the 21st century.

If I had my way, it would still be computer generated, but not 3d. It would look exactly, or very nearly, like the hand-drawn cartoon, except it wouldn't be hand-drawn. Is this possible? Sure would be nice. That, plus a new cast, crew, story, script, and director/producer/execproducer might have saved the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie from being unmitigated bullcrap. Remember the Alvin and the Chipmunks TV show? That was an awesome show. The movie should have been more like that.

I think part of the reason the actors are all weird and way overaged is because they didn't want to cast child actors. If I have my facts straight, animals and kids are always bad because they steal your thunder. And, let's face it, pretty much the only good child actor ever was Jonathan Ke Quan.

If I had my way, it would still be computer generated, but not 3d. It would look exactly, or very nearly, like the hand-drawn cartoon, except it wouldn't be hand-drawn. Is this possible? Sure would be nice. That, plus a new cast, crew, story, script, and director/producer/execproducer might have saved the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie from being unmitigated bullcrap. Remember the Alvin and the Chipmunks TV show? That was an awesome show. The movie should have been more like that.

I think part of the reason the actors are all weird and way overaged is because they didn't want to cast child actors. If I have my facts straight, animals and kids are always bad because they steal your thunder. And, let's face it, pretty much the only good child actor ever was Jonathan Ke Quan.

Yea it can be done. Its called cell shaded CGI. Most recent example is 2004's "Appleseed"

Falcon

That's how shows like South Park and Family Guy are done, mostly CG.

and ATHF...IIRC ATHF was pitched as being like 75% cheaper than any other show CN could buy...then when it gained popularity it accounted for more of CN's ratings than all of its other shows combined...so they stopped showing it...not really certain what business model they employ, but I seemed to have missed it whilst acquiring my MBA.