Sign in to follow this  
Jarhead1

Desert Storm Iraq Version Mod

I am thinking about doing a mod based on DS but as the Iraqis Point of view and could use help in all aspects. PM me if ur interested in helping and if ur interested in seeing this mod, post here. If enough people post that want it i will try to make it happen for all to enjoy. Thanks

Jarhead1

After I get the needed permissions of course, forgot to add that in there.

xD im not in my house now.... but i have one magazine with tom cooper article about the 3 air combats of Iraquian air force...

they didnt have a great participation, but i think they was brave warriors.

Why? So that they can have their AF swept aside in 2 days....boring..... :biggrin: I mean sheesh we are still trying to get the other one done.

Guest Bounder

I can help,what little I can

Jarhead you know I'm in.

Dave it would be something just for fun, a what if kinda

Dave it would be something just for fun, a what if kinda

I know I am just flipping you crap....

@USAFMTL yeah, I know dude, its all good

@outlaw, thanks man, that is awesome, really helps out alot.

It can be very funny to try shot down a F-15 with an ancient MIG 21 and survive....or probably not. (I know there are Mig-29 and some Mirage F-1, but I'm a little masochist)

Dont Forget the MiG-25 Foxbats, they were the only birds more or less to even get ANY kills at all against the coalition. Awesome aircraft.

An F/A-18 and (some years later) an Predator drone.

An F/A-18 and (some years later) an Predator drone.

That was more then any other MiG got though

Wasn't that the first A2A kill of a combat drone?

Wasn't that the first A2A kill of a combat drone?

of Iraquian AF?

hmm

i have here some relats...

DS

1x-F-18(C?) Shooted down(MiG-25,R-40)

1x B-52H Damaged (MiG-29,R-27ET)

1x F-111(F?) Damaged(MiG-29,R-60ET)

1x Tornado(AMI ? RAF?) Damaged(MiG-29,R-27ET)

December 23, 2002 ,the Predator Incident:

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=wWUR3sgKUV8

i not in home now so i can't confirmate this now,i remember this but im not 100% sure.

:good:

thumbs.gif

Yeps, I always said (1) playing an Iraqi MiG-25 would be a fascinating challenge to try to score and then evade the massed flocks of traditional industry standard combat flight sim superjetfighters -- perhaps escape into Iranian airspace and land there, and (2) the MiG-25 and F-14 were the greatest tactical fighters for unrestricted total air warfare since the NAA F-108 and Lockheed F-12 concept.

Lexx, how are u at campaign ini editing, or should i say, what types of stuff are u good at modding? I could use ur help with this mod since a few people besides me seem to want it. So far its JA-37 Viggen, bounder and myself right now. Anyone else wants to be a part of this then speak up for sure yes or no. I want to get started ASAP on it.

Thanks Jarhead! But I know nothing about SF campaign files -- never even tried to play one (geared to tactical -- geared to player squadron). I know that eventually I'll be coding my own dynamic campaign generator (in FORTRAN) optimized for strategic strike and interception, LeMay style. Without a map-wide combat results recorder beyond player squadron in this sim available to generator creators, it will be difficult to use and require manual count and/or some abstract way of guessing combat results. Dunno.

But...I would ~love~ to do some experimental things, such as devising unit types that the stock SF campaing generator can make efficient use of that provide new effects...my cirrus clouds for example which are generated by a moving but invisible "cargo ship." Right now, my cirrus clouds are useful for adding to static hand made missions like we find in YaP for example. Maybe a sandstorm effect for Iraq campaign is possible. In the other thread we talk about volcano effects for Pacific maps.

I'm not a normal SF simmer, so the stuff I mold is weird and deep like one end of a dry swimming pool. :good:

I like the exploriing you're doing with the TW engine there Lexx...like I said eariler, your cockpit experiments are why I built the T-38/F-5 family the way I did.

I REALLY like those cirrus effects, but from what you're saying, that's not something that can be done in a campaign...is it...?

FastCargo

Thanks FastCargo. By the way, I meant to thank you for looking, from a 3D modder's perspective, into the idea of moving some of the complexity of cockpit making over to the external model making.

The cirrus are generated by ships that I place in missions using KMD. It may (or may not) be possible to define surface units that TK's campaign generator creates waypoints for this purpose. Only a few cirrus ships are needed for a map; maybe 6. Its best that all cirrus ships travel the same direction and speed...usually to the East at least in northern hemisphere (upper tropospheric winds and all that).

For hand crafted static missions, a more complex alternative is "cloud seeding" by a few AI aircraft dropping bombs in a few places. This extra work won't be seen if the campaign engine can be made to do it. The one downside is the cloud layers don't move, although it may be possible to make them move, maybe with the mission's defined wind...I assume TK's campaign generator defines wind.

Bump

Anyone good at campaigns? I am seriously needing help on this.

Bump

Jarhead,

We are just about done with ours. Wait until we are done then build it off ours, then you wont be pulling your hair out later.

That's really good news... 2 weeks I assume? :biggrin:

Jarhead, I'm not that much of a modder but I've done some experiments with campaign modding... what exactly would you need?