Sign in to follow this  
BUFF

777 crashes at Heathrow

I think aliens did it...they were trying to get Dr. Who

Before you scoff that makes about as much sense as postulating until the accident inquiry is concluded and the public is informed.

I think aliens did it...they were trying to get Dr. Who

Before you scoff that makes about as much sense as postulating until the accident inquiry is concluded and the public is informed.

You know, sometimes I read some really stupid stuff on this forum but I usually bite my tongue and don't say anything, but this time it's gone too far.

Don't be an idiot... we all know that the aliens are too busy hiding Elvis on a emu ranch in Utah to have time to screw with airplanes. Clearly, it was the work of vegetarian Mongolian nihilists. :rofl:

No, I have ceased to be amazed by the comments.

The videos, however, are another story.

Conspiracy theory? What if it was Brown who staged it so he wouldn't have to go to China and pop by his mistress's crib instead.

Personally I'm convinced its rats, rats and more rats chewing on the wires.

FastCargo...come on, man...honestly...the -38 or the fancy Airbus (which I really like by the way, sweet, soft ride) on approach which do you like better?

Airbus (or any modern airliner)...no question.

Plenty of extra fuel, accurate autopilot approaches (if necessary), plenty of excess extra thrust if you lose an engine, cleared down to 600 RVR, 2 man crew great for busy times during peak arrival periods. Sorry, but when you're number 10 for the approach, the last thing I want to be in is an aircraft that's min fuel as soon as you takeoff. Especially in the NorthEast...

Hey, pulling Gs, looking good, doing formation, etc...the T-38 is a great aircraft. Instrument flying on the other hand...it's primitive compared to the modern airliner.

FastCargo

"The AAIB, sensitive to the needs of the industry including Boeing, Rolls Royce, British Airways and other Boeing 777 operators and crews, is issuing this update to provide such further factual information as is now available.

As previously reported, whilst the aircraft was stabilised on an ILS approach with the autopilot engaged, the autothrust system commanded an increase in thrust from both engines. The engines both initially responded but after about 3 seconds the thrust of the right engine reduced. Some eight seconds later the thrust reduced on the left engine to a similar level. The engines did not shut down and both engines continued to produce thrust at an engine speed above flight idle, but less than the commanded thrust.

Recorded data indicates that an adequate fuel quantity was on board the aircraft and that the autothrottle and engine control commands were performing as expected prior to, and after, the reduction in thrust.

All possible scenarios that could explain the thrust reduction and continued lack of response of the engines to throttle lever inputs are being examined, in close cooperation with Boeing, Rolls Royce and British Airways. This work includes a detailed analysis and examination of the complete fuel flow path from the aircraft tanks to the engine fuel nozzles."

- "Hey, pulling Gs, looking good..."

Yeah, you know I stopped reading beyond that...did you say something? :ninja:

...just kidding

Oh, IFR as in really having to chase needles in the soup with a freakin 747-400 looking at your lunch money? No thanks, that Airbus sounds mighty nice...