Guest Saganuay82

Rgr

Is it a bug, or not? Not my words.Not that it changes anything for the huge value and fun of SFP1 series...

anyway:baltika, defintely a knowledgeble campaign designer, pointed me to a problem with this:http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4868

I investigated and tested after his post.. and..

And I am quite positive the problem is not the number of the cargo_ship flagged objecs, but their nations; not only they are to be cargoship, but they have to be : NationName=generic in their data.iniI have now anti-ship mission in campaigns, but I don't know yet if flights will deliver guided weapons. nor if such missions will be assigned to ai-flights;

@saguanay; any hope for the water terrain?

To everyone: thanks for renaming the thread, perhaps caps were excessive

I've set up a standalone Woe install for "War at Sea" and am testing out/trying out different variations. so far as described above, gets lots of combattants kicking my @$$ while delivering air to surface weapons, but no AI action beyond my own wingman. still working on it. I'm going to try to set up some carrier based campaign against ships. Have most of the pieces already set up and l'll let you know over time how it works. I suspect the wingman will engage and the flights will have lots of different ships to hit, many of which will shoot back. But I suspect the other AI's will shoot up the shoreline.

Just a stupid question: Would it change anything if those stationary ships are labeled as 'STATIC_AAA'? Because that's the typical target the AI wingmen tend to engage when tasked with air to mud....

Just a stupid question: Would it change anything if those stationary ships are labeled as 'STATIC_AAA'? Because that's the typical target the AI wingmen tend to engage when tasked with air to mud....

gocad good idea, but it is not enough

AI flights NOT player controlled, don't deliver guided missiles, so, why bother?

why dont you set AI up with dumb weapons if they will not fire guided weapons????, the idea is good to start with and it is a pitty shame not go futher

why dont you set AI up with dumb weapons if they will not fire guided weapons????, the idea is good to start with and it is a pitty shame not go futher

I agree. Using guided missiles is not that challenging here, since I'm not aware of that the game engine does understand the concept of missile defence anyway. Not to mention the problems with those intercept missions...

Just to make this clear, I'm really interested in this blue water operations project, but I'm rather thinking of the WWII era here. Who would not be interested in 'fake' carrier battles ala Coral Sea or Midway of Convoy defense missions using CAMs and MACs against shore based attackers?

Absolutely. The point being is; what is the point of having a group of badgers or blinders, delivering dumbbombs on top of carriers or convoys; the idea would be to have storms and volleys of kingfish and kents and such...

I dropped the idea and waiting what happpens, and I had the idea too of ships maarked as ground unit and submarines as well so perhaps thy would engage, with CAS flights playing anti-sub modes

Absolutely. The point being is; what is the point of having a group of badgers or blinders, delivering dumbbombs on top of carriers or convoys; the idea would be to have storms and volleys of kingfish and kents and such...

I dropped the idea and waiting what happpens, and I had the idea too of ships maarked as ground unit and submarines as well so perhaps thy would engage, with CAS flights playing anti-sub modes

you can set those up with missions using the mission editor. within a campaign you just get anti-ship missions.

Sorry for the above power problem! Thank You guys this anti shipping things this would be great!!!