Julhelm

Nuclear delivery techniques

The german name of the indirect delivery methode of nukes is "Idiotensalto" which can be translated with "fools somersault".

I wont try to use it in a fly by wire bird. The EMP will burn the computers chips and you will fall from sky like a stone. In game it is a great fun. In reality it is something for fools.

I wont try to use it in a fly by wire bird. The EMP will burn the computers chips and you will fall from sky like a stone. In game it is a great fun. In reality it is something for fools.

Not necessarily. Older jets designed during the Cold War were hardened against EMP. They even do validation testing on a giant (as in it can hold a B-52) wooden stage at Kirtland AFB and bombared the aircraft with EMP to make sure the shielding works.

This, of course, is to defend against EMP generated by your own weapon delivery. It does not necessarily defend against so-called 'Enhanced EMP' weapons.

FC

In the Thirdwire sims, I've been able to attain greater accuracy by modifying the weapons to a low-drag configuration. In other words, no parachute. The chute is intended to allow the weapon to survive the impact in a laydown delivery, which the TW sims don't support. To make this modification, use the Weapons Editor. In the Weapons Editor, remove the tick from "Retarded", and set the release animation number to -1, and the time and delay figures to 0. This will remove the chute aerodynamically, and visually.

Another modification I recommend for thermonuclear weapons is yield selection. The Weapons Editor provides a crude way to have selectable yields. Simply make copies of the weapon in question, and vary the Explosive Mass to accommodate the various yields. I have no sources on the options available for most weapons. Presumably they're secret. I simply used points between the publicly known minimum and maximum yields that seemed to make sense to me.

Precision is unnecessary, one must be close enough and have the right yield to destroy what you want to destroy. Incidentally, I have been unable to destroy runways with nuclear weapons, regardless of yield. I've never tried nuclear weapons on hardened structures like Ammo Bunkers.

The AIR-2 Genie is best delivered in lead pursuit. Make sure you use the steering dot on your radar scope, and fire the Genie only if the dot is precisely at the centre of the scope, and you are not pulling high G. If you fail to fill both conditions, you will miss. Once you have launched the Genie, break away at once. Load your wingmen up with conventional missiles, and order them to engage survivors after the detonation of the Genie.

The AIM-26A Nuclear Falcon gives you a little more leeway, as it is a guided missile. Break away is a little more complicated, as the AIM-26A is a semi-active radar guided missile. Whatever you do, don't break lock until the missile detonates.

Sorry for the necropost.