Sign in to follow this  
X RAY

DREAMS COMES TRUE!

Jedi's right. USAFMTL's rrrrr.... rrrrrr... he's not wrong either. :biggrin: It was just a low airspeed demonstrator and proof of concept vehicle. Most of the materials in it weren't being used in Russian production aircraft at the time. I was thinking along the lines of more of a fictional Grabacr, Ace Combat style Berkut. But I was clutching at straws and Berkut is the closest thing out there (in the downloads section) that could be rushed into the game that represents an advanced Russian fighter that could possibly (that's a BIG 'if'). Even if it could only possibly fit a pair of IRMs and a pair of SAHM/AHMs in it's proposed weapons bays.

Now an F-22 vs F-23 rematch... that's something I'd like to see.

PS, Not meaning to be egging you on Dave, but the one weakness the F-22 hardliners hardly ever seem to mention is it's MASSIVE, MASSIVE cost. MASSIVE. But it is the first production stealth fighter on the planet, and it's technologies are all new and SotA so you have to expect that. I'm interested to see how much cheaper stealth technologies become after the F-35 starts showing up in numbers.

That and you guys won't share your toys! Now an JASDF F-22 would be sweet...

Cost is irrelevant as I am not paying much for it, the portion of my taxes that does is tiny. So I can give a rats ass about what it cost. I care about what it can do. I wouldn't want to share our toys either. Allies or not, there are some thing you don't share with anyone.

Cost is irrelevant as I am not paying much for it, the portion of my taxes that does is tiny. So I can give a rats ass about what it cost. I care about what it can do. I wouldn't want to share our toys either. Allies or not, there are some thing you don't share with anyone.

THANK YOU, i posted that on another thread a while ago and got jumped for it.

THANK YOU, i posted that on another thread a while ago and got jumped for it.

I nearly got jumped at an airshow by some lady for saying that the price of the aircraft is worth what they do in the long run.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all year! Try the fish, it's delicious!