Sign in to follow this  
delta6

Where to buy WOV/SF?

Where can I buy the latest version of WOV/SF?

Aren't both (well, SFGold, anyway) available for purchase/download over at 3rdWire.com????

Wrench

kevn stein

IMHO, the best place is Third Wire's online store found here: https://store.thirdwire.com/store.htm

These come already patched to the current revision, which is nice.

The only downside to buying SF Gold compared to the original SFP1 is the lack of the F-104G and C-130.

Third Wire released an F-104G addon that allows SF Gold owners to have the F-104G, but the file is no longer hosted at Third Wire (at least the link is no longer posted).

I can't remember, but maybe the latest version includes the F-104G?

Of course other websites like CombatAce.com keep the original addon available for those who need it.

But there is no other way to get the stock C-130 other than to get the original SFP1 CD-ROM (or the later $5 re-release version that is now out of print as well).

It can be difficult to find a used copy of the original because there are a lot of copies of the infamous "Walmart" release still floating out there that cannot be patched and are woefully incomplete/buggy compared to the current version.

So, I still say for both WOV and SF Gold, the online store downloads are the way to go.

the other good thing about the download is that TK gets all the cash from it which helps finance the next games.