Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

So, a what happened to the F-14???

Yea I'd also love to see the Tomcat. To my mind it's the most beautiful modern fighter a/c. It's a shame the Navy insisted to develop the Super Bug instead of an even more advanced version of the Super Tomcat...

Anyway, I have no experience on 3D Max and I don't even have it (1000$ is a bit too much for my taste ;)) but I hope somebody else will make an F14A or B. I guess The Super Tomcat isn't going to be in because digital avionics aren't yet modelled in SFP1 (unfortunately :()

Phoenix away...

Yea I'd also love to see the Tomcat. To my mind it's the most beautiful modern fighter a/c. It's a shame the Navy insisted to develop the Super Bug instead of an even more advanced version of the Super Tomcat...

Anyway, I have no experience on 3D Max and I don't even have it (1000$ is a bit too much for my taste ;)) but I hope somebody else will make an F14A or B. I guess The Super Tomcat isn't going to be in because digital avionics aren't yet modelled in SFP1 (unfortunately :()

Phoenix away...

Isn't the Phoenix missle the missle with the longest range in the world? Somehting like 120 miles?

supposedly it's rated at like 90 nm; according to Janes, the Russian KS-172 has the longest range of any A2A missle (250 miles), but I'm sure somebody will pop up and tell us that all russian hardware is s**te, and that there is no way they could ever make anything that compares to american ingenuity.

But if you ask me (the great doubter), nobody knows for certain what any of these weapons can do until they put them up against real adversaries (god help us if they do)... And no Iraq and Serbia are not cutting edge adversaries....

So in short, the phoenix may or may not be the farthest reaching A2A missle in the world, but it is certainly the farthest reaching in the West...

It would have been nice if the F-14 mod didnt die, I guess we will all just have to cross our fingers for ED to add it to LOMAC someday.

250Miles, isnt 250 NM, Russian weapons are s**te, with exception of teh flanker

So what A2A weapon does have a range of 250 nm... sure as hell isnt the Phoenix.

SCRAPPED NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How could it be?? Is it really true??

Damn if it is. I been waitin on that plane too.

Oh well, it was gonna be a bitch of a project if I remember correctly.

So what A2A weapon does have a range of 250 nm... sure as hell isnt the Phoenix.

No A2A weapon can match the Phoenix. Not in tracking tasks, or in range